Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart Rate After IVF

I Michael Gill. I have no idea how recently the resting heart rate was monitored. I worked out a lot two weeks prior to my IVF, and my heart rate kept rising (normally, it was between 70 and 80). I was primarily bedridden after , and today, my heart rate dropped to 66. How on earth is IVF that possible? I believe the outcomes would be the opposite.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

via Google Gemini...

IVF can cause some temporary changes in heart rate for women undergoing the process. Here's what research suggests:

* **Increased Heart Rate:** Studies show a potential rise in heart rate during specific stages of IVF treatment. This increase is linked to fluctuations in estrogen levels caused by medications used to stimulate egg production [1].

* **Temporary Effect:** The increase in heart rate appears to be temporary, typically occurring from the beginning of stimulation to the peak estradiol level (a type of estrogen) [1].

* **Blood Pressure Changes:** Research also suggests IVF might cause a decrease in blood pressure during certain stages [1].

**Overall Impact Unclear:**

* More research is needed to fully understand the long-term implications of these changes on cardiovascular health [1, 4].

**Here are some additional points to consider:**

* IVF protocols can vary, and the type of medication used might influence heart rate changes [1].
* Certain pre-existing health conditions could be more affected by IVF's impact on heart rate. It's important to discuss any concerns with your doctor before starting IVF.

If you're considering IVF, consult a healthcare professional to discuss your individual situation and any potential risks or impacts on your heart rate.

Best Answer
0 Votes