Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate drops drastically after eating

The common symptoms would be having HR increase after eating, which I used to have. I tried to reduce carb and sugar intake and it helped. I’ll have rye bread and milk for breakfast, pork noodle for lunch and sweet potato and cheese for dinner. But now my HR drops drastically after eating and I feel exhausted and dizzy shortly afterwards. 

Before eating my HR is normally around 70-80. After the meal it might shoot to 90 for a few secs and come down to 53-57 when I rest. 

Is this normal? Should I change my diet? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@ngoc99 , nice to see you around. 

I noticed on myself that when eating a big meal, and mostly a fat rich one, it tends to lower my heart rate. I think it could be because of the digestion going on. I haven't had it as low as yours. 

If you feel dizzy and exhausted my advice would be to check it with a health expert or a nutritionist. 

They can check how your body reacts to different kind of meals, and maybe give you a hint on what you should change. Maybe you won't need to change the whole diet, but small things, or 1-2 different ingredients. 

Hope you feel better soon. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer