Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I calculate water intake from food?

As above, I want to accurately track my additional water intake according to my diet. Can anyone help? It should be around 20% of my total daily, correct?

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

I am aiming for half my body weight in oz. I get close, but I have not met that goal yet (it's been a week). I was told half my body weight in oz. and not to drink more than 8oz per hour or I would just pee it out. But that 20% of my water intake can come from the food that I eat.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@HardcoreJana 

The total water to drink depends on the weather, how hydrated the body is, if eaten food high in nutritients but also contains water (such as a banana)..

Don't keep track of water but apply a guidance:

When getting dry lips, feeling thirsty (hot weather) - drink more water or keep a bottle to stay hydrated. When drinking sometimes can drink half the bottle at once or a whole bottle, in cold weather just have enough with a little bit after eating, it depends on how much the body needs.

When going to the toilet, and the water is yellow / dark = drink more water. If it's clear, have drinking enough and not needing more right away.

The water used for tea, coffee, water itself can be counted for water intake. Water which food contains is more difficult to know. It's possible to count the total weight from all the food and take 20% as a guidance when desired.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bfast I'm not clear what you're saying about molecule clusters and limited absorption. It is true that all water molecules are attracted to one another through hydrogen bonding. This is what makes water have high surface tension. You could consider a glass or bottle of water to be a giant cluster of water molecules. But I disagree with your premise that the body only absorbs 10% of certain types of water. That is just false - ask any doctor or physiologist. I wonder if you are attempting to sell something here?

Best Answer

Nothing to sell. Just expressing what the latest scientific research
studies have found. Most doctors have never studied water , they just
practice medicine. But you are correct ! And I am wrong .

Moderator edit: removed personal information

Best Answer
0 Votes

There is no such thing as "large molecule clusters" of water. 

Best Answer
How do you ionize water?
Best Answer
0 Votes