Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many steps do I need to take to not lose calories on the personalized food plan?

I am trying to tweak my caloric needs with the fitbit food plan.  I use the personalized plan which allows me a number of calories based on how much I have moved.  The problem is that I don't like when it awards me calories for exercising in the morning and then takes them away in the evening (after I have already eaten them.)  I tend to be less active in the evening.  I tried the sedentary option but then, I had no idea how many calories I could eat, because it would keep adding them all evening. (I stop eating at 6 pm usually so that was no good either.)   Does anyone know how many steps you need to take per hour to not lose calories in the calorie budget?

Hope I am making sense, this is so confusing.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Not sure this answers your question but this is a web link to 'walking' calories burned.  

steps-to-calories-converter

It's really simple math.   You burn calories just to live.  That is call BMR.   Basal Metabolic Rate is the number of calories required to keep your body functioning at rest.

BMR calculator

You can only add calories by eating/drinking more.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit estimates your calorie needs based on the previous day. So if you were less active than usual yesterday, today your allotted calories would be fewer than the previous day. Take a look at your dashboard and write down the allotted calories you were given for the last 7 days. Add them all up and divide the total by 7. That will give you your average for calories you can have. If for some reason you become less active or more active for a decent amount of time, for example, let’s say you were injured and can’t exercise for a while, then you can reassess your calorie intake by viewing the last 7 days since you became less active and calculate your new average.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, that is helpful information.  

Best Answer
0 Votes