Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there any way to give feedback to FitBit?

ANSWERED

I have a bad back with some interesting bony malformations from previous traumatic injuries. I can usually walk 10,000 steps/day (there was a time a few years ago I could not stand in one place for 10 minutes without my legs going completely numb); the day I completed the >13,000 steps FitBit wanted me to walk, my back was really an unhappy camper. How do I tell FitBit their goal for me can't be my goal for me?
Also, I tend to be underweight. I am currently underweight. I listed the weight I started at as my goal weight. The first week, I lost two pounds, and FitBit congratulated me. Since I am underweight and my goal was not to lose weight, it seems counterproductive to congratulate me on losing weight. Today, family members insisted I eat dinner at a restaurant with them, and I exceeded the number of calories FitBit set as my goal for today by a couple of hundred calories. Up until today, I have been a couple of hundred calories below the goal FitBit set for me every day. I'm not trying to lose weight, and I seldom eat restaurant food, so I am not worried about it. The big red OOPS! and instructions to increase physical activity before the day ended is kind of snarky. Tomorrow I'm going to be under the caloric goal again, because I'm a vegetarian and I don't eat high calorie foods. 
I'm not engaging with FitBit to lose weight. Isn't there a way to look at average weekly calories before posting a "concern?" I guarantee my weekly calorie intake average for this week is still going to be under any weekly calorie goal FitBit set for me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I'm not a Fitbit employee so please do not consider this Fitbit's official responce to your feedback.

It sounds like you have 2 issues: (1) Fitbit has set your step goal too high, and (2) Fitbit is prompting you to lose weight when you don't want to.  Let me see if I can help with those.

(1) Fitbit sets a default daily step goal for everyone at 10,000 steps, but you can change that to any other number you like.

On phone app, from Today screen, tap your profile picture icon near top left, takes you to 'Account' page.  Scroll down to 'Activity & Wellness' and tap that, then tap 'Daily Activity', then 'Steps' and change it to anything you want.

(2) Your Fitbit weight issues come from how you entered your goal weight.  If you leave the goal weight blank,  Fitbit will not give any messages about your weight or how many calories you eat.  Alternatively, you could change goal weight to something higher than your current weight and it will encourage you to gain weight.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

I'm not a Fitbit employee so please do not consider this Fitbit's official responce to your feedback.

It sounds like you have 2 issues: (1) Fitbit has set your step goal too high, and (2) Fitbit is prompting you to lose weight when you don't want to.  Let me see if I can help with those.

(1) Fitbit sets a default daily step goal for everyone at 10,000 steps, but you can change that to any other number you like.

On phone app, from Today screen, tap your profile picture icon near top left, takes you to 'Account' page.  Scroll down to 'Activity & Wellness' and tap that, then tap 'Daily Activity', then 'Steps' and change it to anything you want.

(2) Your Fitbit weight issues come from how you entered your goal weight.  If you leave the goal weight blank,  Fitbit will not give any messages about your weight or how many calories you eat.  Alternatively, you could change goal weight to something higher than your current weight and it will encourage you to gain weight.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer