Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Log Food Bugs

ANSWERED

So, about 4 months ago I decided to start healthy eating. The FitBit app has helped loads (I've lost 10kg, down to my 2013 weight of 77.7 kg). Good job Fitbit.

One thing has driven me crazy - the last "unhealthy' thing I ate was a chocolate bar in July - it's stayed at the top of the most Recent food in food log! And the rest of the Frequent & Recent items in the Log Food section are mainly just randomly assigned, not frequent or recent. Is there a way to fix this? I've tried logging in and out, and reinstalling. I guess this is bad data stored on my account. 

This means, the UX is really draining as I log every meal / snack, and most of the time I have to text input/scan bar code and look for items in the food database (even stuff I consume every day).

TL;DR: Frequent & Recent items feature in Log Food doesn't work, is there a way to fix it?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Right, can't believe this, after 4 months, I've come up with a fix the same day as I posted here.

If you uninstall Fitbit / reinstall / log in on Android your data is still stored (for me, the glitchy food data is still there), Android keeps your app data for 24 hours.

Issue: Frequent & Recent items featured at the top of Log Food are not frequent or recent.

Solution: Log out, go to Android Settings, then Apps, select Fitbit, then 'clear app data' and 'clear app cache'; the bad data is flushed out and the data backup from Fitbit actually looks like my most frequent or recent food items.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Right, can't believe this, after 4 months, I've come up with a fix the same day as I posted here.

If you uninstall Fitbit / reinstall / log in on Android your data is still stored (for me, the glitchy food data is still there), Android keeps your app data for 24 hours.

Issue: Frequent & Recent items featured at the top of Log Food are not frequent or recent.

Solution: Log out, go to Android Settings, then Apps, select Fitbit, then 'clear app data' and 'clear app cache'; the bad data is flushed out and the data backup from Fitbit actually looks like my most frequent or recent food items.

Best Answer

I uninstalled the app then reinstalled and only my true recent food is there now!  Yeaaaa!!

Best Answer
0 Votes