Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging Powerade Zero

Hello, Group!

I've recently added 20oz of Powerade Zero to my daily liquid intake because (1) I'm a major sweat-er when I do my cardio and (2) I was experiencing near-contstant thirst, even though I was drinking over 100oz of water a day. So my question is: should I log the 20oz of Powerade Zero under my daily water consumption? It's not a huge deal if I do or don't because I drink plenty of water in a day. I'm just curious as to what you all think.

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@purduegrad99  Anything liquid I drink goes in my water consumption log, since it's helped me learn how to drink more water. If you're logging calories, be sure anything with calories is noted.

There are some here who do as I do and others who are water only purists in their logging.

Either way, you're hydrating.

Welcome to the forums.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Because powerade/gatorade/etc are not truly 'zero' like water, I would log it. I log coffee, tea, water AS water because there is nothing in these drinks that influences my diet throughout the day. But something like powerade has sodium and such in it and that will influence what i eat later so that I can keep my sodium intake under control. But then I'm a data geek and like to manipulate numbers. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to have you here @purduegrad99! Is good to know that you're logging your water consumption, but I don't think is a good idea to log Powerade under your daily water consumption since Powerade has many components, you can still log it but I suggest you to do it under Food Log

Have an awesome weekend!

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer