Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food plan and nursing

I need help creating a food plan. I'm currently nursing full time. Nursing mothers need 1800 calories per day to maintain an adequate milk supply. If I select the easiest intensity plan on fitbit, it doesn't allow me to have that much. Is there a way to adjust it?
Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi there!

I am also a nursing mother and noticed that you can change your profile settings to reflect that.

From your Dashboard click on settings and under Personal Info you can scroll down to Body Info and select that you are nursing. That should change your goal to the correct amount of calories needed in a day - I hope that helps!

@Kranger wrote:
I need help creating a food plan. I'm currently nursing full time. Nursing mothers need 1800 calories per day to maintain an adequate milk supply. If I select the easiest intensity plan on fitbit, it doesn't allow me to have that much. Is there a way to adjust it?

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community! It's great to have you here @Kranger!

It's great to hear that your taking advantage using the Food Log! I agree with @RoseKat84 you should adjust your Personal Info and set it to Nursing.

Indeed on your Food Plan you can adjust your the amount of calories that you need to ingest daily, see the screenshots below: 

food plan 2.jpg

food plan 3.jpg

food plan 4.jpg

Hope it helps, let me know how it goes 🙂 

Magin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you find something helpful, give it a vote and don't forget to mark it as an Accepted Solution!

Best Answer