Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of Appetite?

ANSWERED

For the past week, I've mostly lost my appetite. I normally eat a diet that is mostly veggies, fruit, protein such as fish, meat, eggs, beans, and whole grains. All of the sudden, I look at this food and it disgusts me. I don't even feel hungry most of the time. I do, however, make sure I do not skip meals and will force myself to eat if it's been too many hours since my last meal, even if it is just a little salad. Any idea what's going on? Have I just gotten bored of my normal foods? Any suggestions of new foods to try?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hello @Lee_! Welcome to the forums Cat Happy

First of all, I recommend to see your doctor. A sudden loss of appetite with a diet that is so full of variety like yours can indicate something that needs to be checked out. 

Also, check if you have new cravings for different food (even if it's outside your meal plan) and give it a go, there is a chance that you may need only to stir up your diet. 

Even if you are not eating the variety of food you usually eat, a protein shake may help you get through a couple hours energized along with vitamin pills. 

Hope this helps!

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Hello @Lee_! Welcome to the forums Cat Happy

First of all, I recommend to see your doctor. A sudden loss of appetite with a diet that is so full of variety like yours can indicate something that needs to be checked out. 

Also, check if you have new cravings for different food (even if it's outside your meal plan) and give it a go, there is a chance that you may need only to stir up your diet. 

Even if you are not eating the variety of food you usually eat, a protein shake may help you get through a couple hours energized along with vitamin pills. 

Hope this helps!

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Thank you for your insight. This was helpful!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would give it a couple of weeks to see if anything will change. Some people lose their apetites during seasonal changes (usually around early spring and late fall). I think it is called seasonal change disorder. It usually disappears within 1-2 weeks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there; as the solution goes., get yourself checked. If there was nothing wrong dont get discouraged. I feel the same way. I have been on a diet (at I try) since September/October of 2014 and I go through the same thing. At times I am like, yuck this disgusts me or this doesnt look appealing anymore. Change up your rutine. Experienment with your food! I love doing that. Be unique!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Excellent advice @Paradise555! Variety is vital to get our Micros and Macros in our diet; we may get tired of something or hit a plateau, then it's time to shake it up and try something else. Cat Wink

Hope to see you around the forums! 

Best Answer
0 Votes