Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low Calorie Snacks?

Hi!

I'm looking for some ideas for snacks that are low calorie (ideally 50-100 cal). Any ideas would be so appreciated! Thank you!

Xx, G.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @holisticlibra 

I’ve been trying to work more beans into my diet and have gotten in the habit of cooking up a cup of chickpeas and/or black beans in the instapot every few days to add to lunch salads or morning eggs throughout the week — lo cal, slow digesting, lots of fiber = keeping hunger under control longer than sweet snacks.  

One way to convert these into lo-cal ‘snacks’ is to make 1/4 - 1/2 cup of black beans and add a couple spoons of salsa for a mid-afternoon snack.  With the chickpeas you can make your own hummus to put on 1/2 slice of whole grain toast for a snack that has about 1/2 the calories for the topping over something like peanut butter, (or, of course, you can just buy the hummus already prepared at the store).

Another thought: 1/2 cup plain unsweetened yogurt with 1/2 cup off fresh or frozen berries.  

Hand foods: carrots celery or snap peas dipped in some humus, string cheese, apple slices, or hard boiled eggs.  I also like nuts and dried fruits for snacks when I travel, but keeping the amount under your 50-100 cal goal means an amount that looks pretty meager.

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

Most fruits and veggies 

tuna 

chicken salad 

string cheese 

nuts 

yogurt

Best Answer
0 Votes