Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Eating your calories vs eating well under?

What are your thoughts on your daily intake allowance?

I appreciate you will probably lose more weight, quickly by eating less than your allowance, those are the basics of weight loss. Do you eat right up to your allowance (and are there benefits for/against this) or do you tend to go way under what your calculated allowance is?

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Before making that decision, you need to assess how accurate Fitbit’s estimate of your energy expenditure (calories burned) is. If you find you are consistently eating 1000 calories less than what Fitbit says you burn, but are only losing one pound per week in average, this will tell you your actual deficit is 500 calories, not 1000.

The larger your deficit is, the more you will lose ... in the beginning. However, there’s a downside: you will likely hit a "plateau" sooner. Hence the case for keeping your deficit reasonable/sustainable.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

@GWatkis wrote:

What are your thoughts on your daily intake allowance?

I appreciate you will probably lose more weight, quickly by eating less than your allowance, those are the basics of weight loss. Do you eat right up to your allowance (and are there benefits for/against this) or do you tend to go way under what your calculated allowance is?

I agree with @Dominique  The above is not true. You do need to eat to lose weight. Not eat less. It hinders you  in the long run.

Losing weight is not a race. Slow and steady is the way to go to keep it off. Lose it fast and be assured you will gain it back.

You need to control portions, weigh and measure to get a handle on things.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer