Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lunch ideas, please!

ANSWERED

I am starting a new job and there is no fridge or microwave.  I would love some lunch ideas.  I do have a thermos and some ice packs. 🙂

Thanks!

Best Answer
50 REPLIES 50

@Weebs wrote:

I am starting a new job and there is no fridge or microwave.  I would love some lunch ideas.  I do have a thermos and some ice packs. 🙂

Thanks!

i brown 5lbs of ground turkey, make a box of brown rice and add onion, red & green peppers,mushrooms, garlic,black beans. i seperate into plastic containers(about 2 cups) microwave for liunch everyday, i also have fruit and almonds as a snack.

Best Answer

If you have a supermarket nearby, go there and buy a 1/4 pound or less of sliced turkey (50-70 calories per 2 oz). Keep low carb tortillas in your desk drawer, spread mustard, eat. Maybe small bag of pretzels (17 pieces = 140 calories).

Best Answer

I needed some ideas for lunch. Sometimes, I skip lunches, then start to crave sweets later in the day. I like all the suggestions that I read.  Since I retired, it is sometimes hard to get into a somewhat healthy routine. I do volunteer for a full day once a week, and needed suggestions of what I could eat. I love having the nuts, fruits and cold veggies.

peteflo
Best Answer
0 Votes

this was great and i ate on it for about 5 days....

Best Answer
0 Votes
glad u liked it!

its a great time saver!!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I like to take a bunch of cut up vegis and Hummus.

This is great to eat for lunch and snack as you go along during the day as you get sinking spells.

I take an apple or two and cut them with a knife as I eat it.  Its like eating chips or munchies it take a while and you eat one little cut bite at a time.  It gets to be a habbit.

Hope that helps.

@Weebs wrote:

Thanks!

Best Answer

Tuna sandwich with artichokes, olives and chopped tomato on a roll.  Sprinnkle with olive oil.  Have a side salad.  That would hold up with your cold packs.

Hummus wraps with avocado and hearts of palm.  Hope you like them!  CCollins

Best Answer
0 Votes

Turkey or chicken sandwich on a thin whole wheat roll. Guacamole and pita chips (then again, I'm in maintenance)

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ccollins46 wrote:

Tuna sandwich with artichokes, olives and chopped tomato on a roll.  Sprinnkle with olive oil.  Have a side salad.  That would hold up with your cold packs.

Hummus wraps with avocado and hearts of palm.  Hope you like them!  CCollins

That sounds delicious! Too bad I'm not a fan of tuna and hearts of palm, I'll try to work my way around them since they are pretty beneficial. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have no fridge at work, I just pack my morning and afternoon snacks and lunch in an insulated bag and add those blue ice things, it stays cold all day.

I bring a large sandwich bag of raw veggies to munch on all morning, then a yogurt mid morning

for lunch I usually have a tossed salad with 2 oz boneless skinless chicken breast and low fat dresssing, another yogurt for afternoon snack.  

I have no problem eating the same thing every day

Best Answer

I love your response ! Please bring More ideas!   I want to improve my eating habits but I am clueless

Best Answer
0 Votes