Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macronutrients don't match nutrition facts

looking for a little help as I'm finding this very confusing. I am trying to edit my diet to make it more balanced than it has been. I've been using the macronutrients portion of the food log, but I recently clicked on nutrition facts and the numbers don't match.

Am I missing something here, or is there some error?

For example on macronutrients carbs = 135g, fat = 32g, and protein = 66g. But on nutrition facts carbs = 100g, fat = 44g, and protein =80g.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

I'm a new user here and found the same confusing facts. Maybe it has something to do with how the original food was entered into the Fitbit food system. I have seen the same exact food listed 4 or 5 times with very different nutritional info listed. I wish Fitbit hired people to input accurate numbers before broadcasting inaccurate info for everyone to use, especially on things that are easily checked. 

Best Answer

I'm having this issue too... I'm doing the Atkins diet and I've tended to just log food in a spreadsheet as Fitbit doesn't show net carbs but this time I've found that my carb count is sufficiently under my daily limit for fibre to not make a difference however today I've just checked as its showing 7 grams of carbs which I think is higher than it should be.

I've gone through each item of food that I've logged and there are 2 items each with 2g of carbs, 2 with 1g of carbs and all the others 0 carbs, so 6 grams in total.

I entered all these food items as custom items as I don't trust the food database, and there are no decimals involved so its not a rounding error. I don't understand how the total can be 16% out when its just adding numbers!

Best Answer
0 Votes