Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nice snack

Okay, I admit it - I am a snacker.  I nibble and nibble while working at my computer, especially if the project is tough and stressful, so.... I've been trying to find something healthy (besides fruits and veggies which are sometimes messy) and I found something I can live with.  If you like the Chex mix (which has way too many calories), try this.  Two cups is about 200 calories and will last quite awhile on my desk.

2 cups of your favorite non-sweetened (in any way) cereal.  I prefer a local brand of Rice chex

Lightly spray a small cake pan with olive oil spray or such

Pour 2 cups of the cereal in the pan, lightly spray the cereal with the oil.  Sprinkle with your favorite spices (I use garlic, a tat of salt and Swamp Fire and sometimes other spices), stir again

Sprinkle with Worchestire Sauce (lightly - otherwise stuff will clump) and place in 260° oven for an hour or as long as it takes to reach the consistency you like - stir every once in awhile.  Cool and NIBBLE.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

@ehduffer Love it! I wrote down the recipe. You mentioned Chex Mix and I jumped. Smiley LOL I love that stuff, specially when I'm studying until 12 a.m. Guess that it's like you mentioned, because of the stress and because I stay up so late. I found out that popcorn isn't that bad either, just remove the salt and butter. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorStephanie | Community Advocate

All that stepping got you exhausted? Improve Your Zzzs!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Different and delicious. @ehdufferThank you for this great idea! Robot Very Happy

Melissa | Community Moderator, Fitbit

How are you fitbitting with your (pet) best friend? Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes