Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One3One By Chalene Johnson - Are you doing it?

Is anyone in the fitbit community going to try this approach? I think this is really going to be a break through program. It is a program that teaches you how to figure out if your body is processing things correctly and what is the right diet for you as a person. It's not a one size fits all and she has done TONS of research and even a study. I ask this because I plan on doing it but I also know that I will need an accountability partner. Now I don't mean just a person that says "Go you, you are doing great" I mean someone that is willing to call me out because I know I need called out. And I would be happy to do the same. I just don't want it to turn into a thing where at first it seems like a great idea and it lasts a day and then the person drops off the face of the earth. 

Please let me know if you are interested. I really want to do this program but I know better than to go it alone as I need the accountability. 

Thanks in advance!

Best Answer
82 REPLIES 82

@KristinaG86I'm on my second cycle of the 131 method and I can only share my experience. Over all I have lost 91 pounds but it wasn't only from the 131 method. It was a collaboration of things that have got me to this point in time on my health and fitness journey. I joined Weight Watchers in 2013 and it truly helped me get started, but I had hit a plateau. So, in January 2017 I joined Beachbody on demand to help with my fitness. Beachbody also offered different meal plans with each workout program. I incorporated those meal plans with weight watchers. I noticed that i kept loosing and gaining the same 15 pounds all year. When Chalene came out with the 131 method late last year I signed up. I follow her on social media and listen to her podcast and from what I heard I trusted her. I trusted that she had developed a program that will help me establish a healthier relationship with food and help me understand my body more. I didn't start the program until January 2018 because lets face it I still had the dieters mentality.

The program consist of diet phasing, it provides tons of information and it also encouraged me to do my own research on what and why I was doing certain things in each phase. Its not a cookie cutter program where everyone eats the same way nor does it completely restrict me from never eating anything at all. Each phase is 4 weeks long and an option to fast on the 4th week, but its not required. There are lessons on why I would want to fast or why maybe fasting may not not be for me and either way is perfectly ok. So according the dictionary.com DNA is defined as the fundamental and distinctive characteristics or qualities of someone or something, especially when regarded as unchangeable. I feel this program has helped me tailor my way of eating to my unique DNA and it help me understand what foods my body does and doesn't agree with. It has also helped me be a more intuitive eater. I have NEVER been able to do that. Its true you do track food in the first phase but there is a reason for that, and since I was in Weight Watchers for 4 years that part was easy for me. This program has helped me developed a healthier relationship with food. It has empowered me in more ways than I explain. Was it a challenge, yes. Do I think its for everyone, no. Since January 2018 I have lost 21 pounds, but that wasn't honestly my first  goal for me to join this program. The price to have access to this program is $149 for 12 months and to me its worth every penny. I use to pay $40 a month at weight watchers which comes out to $480 a year. Do I feel I wasted my money on WW, not at all because WW is what helped me get started. To me. 131  has been a life changer and I am grateful for this program. I hope this post helps. 

Best Answer

Yay! Someone who has done it!

So is it like:

3 weeks of keto

1 week optional fasting

3 weeks elimination diet

???

Just confused as to what it actually is. I am considering it, but I don't want to pay $150 for someone to tell me not to eat chocolate for every meal (I know that...I might do it sometimes, but I *know* it isn't healthy). 

Best Answer
0 Votes

^ that was directed @JasME, BTW. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
No worries!  If you want to pay someone $150 to do keto and not eat... have fun!  I'm gonna go eat some pineapple and enjoy my life 😜

Sent Alissa's super amazing Samsung Galaxy S7
Best Answer
0 Votes

I started it in November and lost a stubborn 9 lbs in the first 12 week round. I’m 5’6 and  started 143 so I didn’t have much to lose . It’s 3 weeks modified keto, 3 weeks reduced animal protein focusing on plants and on quality of meat and then 3 weeks “Marco Phasing” which is a fun variation of carb cycling but different. All the phases have a prep week for a total of 12 weeks. Every 3 weeks they give you a fasting option to try too.  I have thoroughly enjoyed the program but I definitely don’t think it’s for everyone. It definitely has a lot of helpful info and I’ve learned a lot. Now about 5 months into it I can honestly say I’m not following it exactly now but still applying what I learned and have found a method that works. It also helped me to learn I can’t handle gluten which I didn’t know. It makes me super sick now. For me it’s been worth the money but for someone already educated on these things it might not be.

Best Answer

@HarmonyjoyAmberc2010 explained it very well. Thank you.

Best Answer

Sorry I didn’t answer sooner. I am loving this program and all the information it gives you. Chalene is hilarious too if you watch her on Facebook or Snapchat. Lol

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Amber, 

How did One3One work for you? Would you do this program again or recommend it?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I did not do this program.   It's just the newest, latest and greatest trendy fad diet...but it carries a rather large price tag.  It's not for me.  If you want to fork over a bunch of money to restrict yourself, feel free.  It's not for me 😜
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

i just signed up for this and am completing my prep week. Will start on Monday. Anyone want to partner with me as an accountability buddy?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'll partner with you! I'm already in Nourish but it's a long program so
the accountability will help. You are going to LOVE it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much Kristina!!  I start Monday. I’ve done my week of prep. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
You're welcome! It is a great program. I just wish each phase was 3 weeks
instead of 4. I get kind of bored by the fourth week, but then we switched
to nourish and now I'm in heaven. 😍 So awesome you are prepped! You're
gonna kill it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@BusyMNMomI'm on my last week of Nourish so My prep is next week. I created a facebook so ppl on 1-3-1 can join a private group. Are you interested in joining my private group?

~Jas

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes...thank you!!

i actually started today, not yesterday. I’ve logged all my food using the My Fitness Pal and I’m hoping I won’t be hungry later since I’ve met all my macro goals for today. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just asked to join an accountability group. Please send me your link so I know I’m in the right one. 

Thank you

Best Answer
0 Votes
I'm interested!
Best Answer
0 Votes

@KristinaG86@BusyMNMomI'm just creating it. I'm going to be working on it this week to get it up. I only have two friends on it haha i created a whole new facebook page for this reason only. My name on Facebook is Jasmid Mari lets see if this link works

https://www.facebook.com/jasmid.mari.5

Add me so i can add you to the private group

Best Answer
0 Votes

What is a prep week? How difficult will it be to follow if on vacation? Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Each Monday you get videos which explain what you will be doing the
following week so you have a week in advance to prepare.

How hard it is to follow will depend on where you are vacationing to. For
instance on California where there are plenty of food choices, it wouldn't
be so hard. In Louisiana, where the food choices are rather unhealthy, it
would be very difficult.
Best Answer