Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Potato Sodium Content

ANSWERED

Hi Guys,

I was just looking over my logged foods and noticed that my boiled potato showed a considerably large amount of sodium, then i looked at just a normal potato on the fitbit food database and it had the same results. Is it just me or potatoes are super salty (424g of sodium per 125 gramsSmiley Frustrated) or fitbit just got it wrong?

Heres the link

https://www.fitbit.com/foods/food?viewFood=on&foodId=698444666

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I googled a bunch of sites and only 1 had the figure you are referring to but the rest had between only 5 and 38 mg for a medium potato depending on type of potato.

One site that had a higher number was for a boiled potato with margarine and salt added at table so maybe that's what the one fitbit used.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I googled a bunch of sites and only 1 had the figure you are referring to but the rest had between only 5 and 38 mg for a medium potato depending on type of potato.

One site that had a higher number was for a boiled potato with margarine and salt added at table so maybe that's what the one fitbit used.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only boil mine in water so should be lower, ill just manually input the figures. Thanks man

Best Answer
0 Votes

You would think you could rely on the data provided by Fitbit for fresh or raw vegetables. This is such a bad error especially when trying to watch salt in the diet

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would add a custom record and use this NI

Calorie king Potato NI

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes