Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick healthy breakfast ideas?

Any suggestions or recipes for busy mornings?

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

I am on a whole food plant-based diet.  Nothing processed.  I eat a big bowl of Organic Oven Toasted Old Fashioned Oats uncooked almost every day. I add fresh fruit (blueberries, strawberries, bananas, etc.) or with raisins and dates with Almond milk.  I have been eating like this for over two years.  I lost 20+ lbs. and am at a good target weight. I've heard on the website "oats turn to sugar in your body and spike your glucose" which is not true.  Only processed foods and grains do that. Not unprocessed.   I would suggest those who don't have any ideas about whole-food plant-based diet watch some documentaries.   "Forks over Knives" and "The Game Changers" (both on Netflix) to name a few.

Best Answer

Hi @Yuqian and @zgor413. It's great to see you here.

@zgor413, that's an amazing idea. I think unprocessed food is the best since your body will get all the nutrients at once and make you feel great. I'll try your suggestion!

@Yuqian, in my case, I prepare two toasts made with crusty bread, half avocado, half boiled egg and 4 oz of low salt cheese. And I always add a fruit like an apple or 1 cup of melon. For other toasts ideas check our Fitbit blog in which you can find awesome recipes for you, you family and friends.

Catch you later. 😊

Best Answer

That's an good idea! I rarely eat oatmeal because i think it makes me fat with a high level of calories (sugar and other chemicals). I'd try some unprocessed oats as my breakfast. Thank you for suggestions!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your toast idea and the Fitbit blog! I really like the recipe that put unsweetened almond butter, strawberries and blueberries together on a toast. I usually have a toast with butter, precooked breakfast links and a cup of yogurt as my breakfast. I'll try these new ideas!

Best Answer

You're very welcome @Yuqian. I'm sure you'll enjoy your breakfast without worrying for the long preparation (specially when you're late for work like me 😅). If you find new breakfast ideas, don't forget to share it with the Community members.

Happy stepping!

Best Answer

Thanks @LizzyFitbit.   Check out the "Game Changers" on Netflix.   It's amazing what being on a whole foods plant-based diet does for you.  For instance, people are concerned about protein.  The truth is you get all the protein you need by eating plants.  A funny quote from the Game Changers.."If you want to be as strong as an ox, eat what an ox eats." ... plants.

Enjoy your breakfast!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Make breakfast burritos on a lazy Sunday. Fill them with eggs, peppers, mushrooms, any veggies you like, add sauces (I like the taco bell mild sauce), roll them up, saran wrap them and store them in the freezer. Nuke them for a minute or until warm in the mornings.

Overnight oats (plenty of online recipes)

Cottage cheese topped with fruit

Egg muffins (eggs cooked in the oven ahead of time, topped with veggies and cheese and stored in the freezer)

Best Answer
0 Votes