Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Should I go vegan?

should I go vegan?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

That's up to you. But as long as you log your food and have a deficit you will lose weight.

Vegans dont lose weight any faster than other people

From your other post you seem to be in a hurry. Slow and steady will keep the weight off. Fast and you will gain it back in no time.

You need to learn how to control portions etc and going slow will teach you these things. Don't rush it

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I wouldn't. Unless you are opposed morally to eating animal products why limit what you can eat?

You just make life harder.

Best Answer

It would help if you mentioned what is it you’d be trying to achieve (by "going vegan"). Do you want to improve your health outcomes? Do you want to reduce your carbon footprint? Or do you simply want to lose weight, as @WendyB tried to guess? As @Bill_k stated, any restrictive diet is inherently more difficult to adhere to.

Vegans tend to be healthier than meat-eaters, but most of the health risks related to eating meat can be mitigated by avoiding/limiting processed meat. Vegans may also have healthier life styles (drink/smoke less, exercise more etc.) in average.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

It depends entirely on what your goal is. I have been vegan since 2013 and contrary to what many of my friends would probably say, I don't actually want to tell you to go vegan. Rather I think you should research it. There are many good documentaries about the reasons for veganism for both ethical and health reasons For health I would recommend Game Changers https://gamechangersmovie.com/ , For ethical I would recommend Specieism the movie https://speciesismthemovie.com/ .

Of course I want you to be vegan for the animals but it must be something you do because you know it's something you will stick with. It's not a temporary fad diet to lose weight but an entire life changing experience that may make you rethink your entire life. At least that was my experience.

Best Answer