Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steel Cut Oats + Popcorn Salt

Stell Cut Oats are a great source of Whole Grain and Soluable Fiber to start your day.   After a year of eating this every morning I've gotten pretty efficient at the morning routine

(1) The night before place 1/4 cup Steel Cut Oats (From the bulk section of your super market) in a pot with 3/4 cup of water.  Add a few dashes of butter flavored popcorn salt.  Cover the pot and place it on the burner.

(2) When your alarm goes off stumble out of bed, and set the flame low, and crack the lid of the pot slightly so steam can escape.  

(3) Spend 15 mins grogging around doing normal morning stuff(eat a Bannana, Greek Yogurt, and Hard Boiled Egg)

(4) turn off the heat and get some frozen blue berries.

(5) Put the oats in a bowl with the blue berries

Violla!  A healthy delicious serving of Simple Steel Cut goodness.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

1 Cup of large flake Oats, 2 Cups of Watter, put both in a larger size bowl, with a plate on top (so you don't need to use carcinogenic plastic). Put in microwave at power level 6, for 20 minutes, and you're done.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both recipes sound really good @Amoch @SunsetRunner! I mistakenly purchased a 5 pound bag of oats (I thought they were single packs Cat Sad) so I need to get a ton of ideas to prepare them. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer
0 Votes