Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Volumetrics Weight-Control Plan

ANSWERED

Preface:  The Volumetrics plan includes foods with a lot of water and fiber.  The claims are:  since it's filling, it eliminates the feelings of hunger, fatigue, and depression. It won't drive you to give up and fall back on bad habits. You feel full on fewer calories while eating satisfying portions of healthy foods. The exercise is doable with a minimum of 30 minutes per day. And, you can go up to one hour a day.  

Question:  Is anyone currently doing this program?  If so, would you have anything you would like to share about your experience?  Like pro's or con's you've discovered and how it's working for you?

I've just started this program.  I'm hoping this will be sustainable for the rest of my life.  Thanks.

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Not following it as a "programme" or a "plan", but I remember having listened to an interesting podcast on the subject with Dr. Barbara Rolls as the guest. She’s the co-author of a book, The Volumetrics Weight-Control Plan. It’s the approach you intend to follow? It makes a lot of sense to me in phases of active weight loss.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Not following it as a "programme" or a "plan", but I remember having listened to an interesting podcast on the subject with Dr. Barbara Rolls as the guest. She’s the co-author of a book, The Volumetrics Weight-Control Plan. It’s the approach you intend to follow? It makes a lot of sense to me in phases of active weight loss.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi Dominique,  Yes, I plan to follow this program.  Already, I have learned why I'm not getting results although I am eating healthy.  For example, I just finished reading about fats.  I didn't  realize if you want to put a tiny amount of butter on a baked potato, you have to compensate and eat half a potato.  Another example, if you want to put a tiny amount of butter on whole wheat toast, you have to compensate and eat one slice and not two.  That tiny bit added to foods makes a huge difference.  And, it adds up over the day.  If you want fat free salad dressing, have a smaller salad or you can have a larger salad if you use balsamic vinegar or lime juice instead.  Reduced fat/low fat/fat free, and reducing flavoring with fat by substituting other healthier flavorings, is key.  Today, I'm reading about carbs.  This book is what I need.  It's very specific and I need details on nutrition.  This book fills in the blanks and gives missing pieces of information I've been searching for these past six months.  I'm excited to lose the remaining 20 lbs. and maintain my goal weight.  Volumetrics seems sustainable for me.  Everyone has to research and find what plan works for them the best.  I'll update when I'm further along in the process.  Also, being a part of the Fitbit Community is a great help.  It's a supportive community with excellent advice.  It's an integral part of weight loss, maintenance and a healthy lifestyle.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner  so pleased that you are getting what you need out of the program you are following. I am not a plan or program follower, so reading your post, I see it as reduce your caloric intake.. the difference is it is actually telling you how to which many plans do not, they just say eat this not that without the "why" behind it. Good luck in your journey to fitness... let us know how you do. 

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Thank you, emili.

I'm in the meal planning section now and I've never been happier. There are meals that I love and they tell you the right portion/calories and how to prepare them in a way that you can lose weight.  My biggest problem was the lack of guidance on foods in other programs.  There were one or two examples and you were left on your own to figure out the rest.  And, there was a lot to figure out.  I feel Volumetrics will be sustainable.  Now, I'm not dreading the meals, I'm actually going to enjoy them.  Life is good again.  I will update when I'm further into the program and closer to my weight loss goal. I've lost 10 lbs. so far and kept it off.  I've got 20 lbs. to go.  It's a lifestyle change.  It took 3 years to gain weight so, it will take some time to lose it as well.  I'm being patient and kind to myself.  I will get there.  It's just a matter of time.

Best Answer