Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Nutrition Data from Fitbit Food Log

I started entering my food log and I'm trying to learn about to review it within the Fitbit options of programs.

I use the Android Fitbit app for most of my interaction with Fitbit.  I find it easy to enter the food log.  The Macronutrients section gives me the total carbs, fat and protein throughout the day.  I can also look back at previous days for totals and food entries.

I notice that the Macronutrients section on a previous day of food data has a link called 'nutrition facts'.  That link gives much more detail on the nutrition such as cholesterol.  I don't understand the data, though.  It is not the daily total nutrition as I expected.  For example, the fats, carbs and protein do not match the daily total. 

What is the basis for these 'nutrition facts' values?  Can the results be changed to daily totals?  Can it also be added for the current day?

Another way to get at daily totals is to log into your dashboard at fitbit.com.  It provides a way to see daily totals for today and previous days.  The totals are for calories, fat, fiber, carbs, sodium, protein and water so it is a partial solution.

I read in a post that the solution is to use MyFitnessPal.  I tried it but it required that I enter the food log only in MyFitnessPal so I'm not using it.

Is there a better option get the daily totals?

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hi LeeGG, my wife and I have the very same question but have been unable to find a suitable answer. I will try the helpline tomorrow, happy to report back any useful info I receive. Cheers Dav1dGWh1zZ

Best Answer