Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown Calories

ANSWERED

Hello Fitbit!

Today I went out for a meal at Handmade Burger Kitchen.

Unfortunately, they do not have calories or macros on their menu/website.

I log calories everyday... is there anyone or any website that could help guess the calories?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

One more thought -- as long as you log all your eating with your best guesstimates, the errors will tend to offset each other the more you log (sometimes you'll guess high, other times low).  The real mistake is to completely omit logging a meal because of accuracy concerns.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

You should be able to take an educated guess, by estimating the size the meat patty, what else was on the burger (cheese, bacon, onions...) and the type of bun. I did a quick search and found several sites listing calories for burgers. Give it a good guess and you should be close. 

Good luck!

Marci | Bellevue, WA
Best Answer

Hi @lucyjenkins - I'm agreeing with @MarciM - the more you log your eating, the better your eye will become at estimating restaurant meals.

Also, try entering the restaurant / chain in the food-tracker - sometimes your exact item will pop up.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hey @lucyjenkins so I looked up the handmade burger kitchen and what it brings up is the handmade burger co.. not sure if its the same place but here is a link to find nutritional info for their food- http://www.myfitnesspal.com/nutrition-facts-calories/handmade-burger-co  - conveniently through my fitness pal. If it isn't the same place, you can probably still use it to guestimate what you ate...

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

One more thought -- as long as you log all your eating with your best guesstimates, the errors will tend to offset each other the more you log (sometimes you'll guess high, other times low).  The real mistake is to completely omit logging a meal because of accuracy concerns.

Best Answer