Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cauliflower rice

First of all, no, I haven’t switched to a low-carb diet Smiley LOL!

I have been aware of cauliflower rice (they call it "couscous de chou-fleur" in French,  cauliflower couscous), but had never made it so far. There was some good-looking cauliflower on sale at my local supermarket, so I bought a decent-size cauliflower and decided to try. I googled some recipes and found this one from the BBC (includes a 1m22s video). I used the roasting in the oven cooking method, 12 minutes at 200°C (390°F), which got the best 10/10 rating for flavour from the jury. Super-easy, fast and delicious! Highly recommended to low- and high-carbers alike!

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
5 REPLIES 5

Food is Magical, Awesome, Delicious. Heart

FoodFood

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes @Dominique I have made it before its very good. I was Leary of it at first though

My Trader Joe's sells it already made and frozen. I'm lazy most times Smiley Very Happy

But Your Store might also sell it in the frozen section.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks @Dominique !  I've been using the stir frying method, but will try oven roasting next time.

I've been adding tumeric to give it a saffron-rice look.  I'm amazed at how light and fluffy it comes out.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an addiction to it because it is so easy and so yummy. I too buy the already riced frozen kind. the best part, my kids love it if I doctor it up to be like Chinese stir fry. I am not sure if they have it in your neck of the woods, but I also discovered "fake pasta". Pasta that is made from zucchini or lentil. My son gobbles it up.. considering he has to make weight for wrestling- very happy mom.  Here is an ad for it just so you can see what I am talking about https://www.walmart.com/ip/Birds-Eye-Steamfresh-Veggie-Made-Zucchini-Lentil-Pasta-Marinara-Sauce-10-...

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer
0 Votes

@WendyB & @emili: you’re really spoiled! I don’t think I’ve ever seen already riced cauliflowers in my local supermarkets. OTOH, I don’t mind making my own, for the gratification of making something "handcrafted". Besides, I’m grating it by hand with a cheese grater, as I only have a very small blender. I only used the blender for the slightly bigger bits that escaped the grater.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer