Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vegan Fitbit Fans

Hey everyone, nearly 3 years ago I turned Vegan, which means  I do not eat any animal products whatsoever. I have a lot of energy and strength and motivated to exercise. I love to walk, cycle and swim. I live in Tucson, Arizona.

I'm curious about how other Vegan eaters are doing with Fitbit. Are you motivated to keep eating the best diet while getting exercise? How do you feel about your goal of avoiding all chronic diseases?

Patrick C.

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

I've been vegan for over 17 years, but I confess that I've not always been the healthiest vegan. I'm trying to get better and eat healthier. 

I also am exercising more and that, combined with diet, has me feeling pretty good most of the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Vegan Fitbit Fan

I am strictly vegan and ride my bike about 80 miles a week and also walk a
lot. I'm 64 years old and have never----NEVER felt better!

--
Patrick
Best Answer

@VeganBiker2 wrote:

Are you motivated to keep eating the best diet while getting exercise? How do you feel about your goal of avoiding all chronic diseases?

I’m not a vegan, nor even a vegetarian (though I do eat a fair amount of veggies and fruits), but you seem to imply sticking to a vegan diet requires some extra motivation / is not something everyone could manage to do.

I’ll comment that avoiding all chronic diseases is a goal that can be achieved with other ways of eating too. The combination of maintaining a healthy weight and being physically active goes a long way towards that goal, regardless of what exact diet you are eating and what type of physical activity you’re engaging in. I’d say that variety in both is good.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Dominque (Marathon Racer)

Nice to hear from you. Since heart disease is the #1 killer for both men
and women in the US many other parts of the word, and since the vegan diet
is the only diet proven to reverse heart disease, I chose to eat vegan.

I never judge anyone regarding any diet. It's a personal choice. I am very
motivated in my goal of avoiding chronic disease. I'm 64 and I know plenty
of people are in their 50s who are not doing as well as they could.

Patrick
Best Answer

I have been Nutritarian (Whole Foods plant based nutrient dense with no processed foods, refined sugars, salt, meat/fish, eggs, or dairy) for two years and feeling great. Managed to lose 80 pounds with this way of eating. More energy to hike, bike, fit in my kayak better, sleep better and all round happy with my life change. Retired last year and enjoying daily indoor weight training and outdoor physical activities. 63 years old.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hey Water_Dog...great to hear from you. I too have been following a strict
plant based diet, and feel wonderful and ready to take on the world at any
time, and any day. I'm 64. 5'11 and weigh 170 pounds. This is my Long Term
Health Insurance that costs nothing!

Patrick
Best Answer

I am working on it. My son became vegan He was a teen. I did most of his meal prep. I am not a big meat eater to start with. The thing I am working on is dairy. It is becoming more and more easier as more products are out on the market. Can you share some of your daily meals? Maybe you can inspire a few of us. 

Best Answer
BlancaT

Good to hear from you. I love all kinds of beans. I go for dried beans and
cook them in the morning and have them later in the day.

I love Thai Food---lots of it is vegan---use tofu instead of chicken. I
will get and extra order and over the next few days I mix my beans with
it----and you can stretch it out over several days.

Lots of green salad with Vegan Blue Cheese dressing.

Vegan "burgers" with Vegan Blue Cheese dressing.

There is Daiya vegan pizza in many different combinations in most grocery
stores pizza case/

Vegan burritos---use avocados instead of cheese, along with beans,
cilantro, tomatoes, onions, peppers etc. There is lots of vegan cheese to
add to it.

That's a good start. I'm quite busy and need to get back to work.

---Patrick
Best Answer
0 Votes