Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vegan / Plant-based Group

Request for Fitbit HQ: Please can you create an open Vegan / Plant-based group on the community forum? Thank you.

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

Hi @CatRod , a warm welcome to the Community! Thank you for your suggestion to open a Vegan/Plant based Group.

Here in the Community Forums, you can open a thread and it will be open to all users. After reading the description of the group you wanted, you are in the right place on the Healthy Eating board. 

If you want to create a group in the Community Feed (Community in the app) you are free to create it and you can leave it as open or private. 

Just be aware that with the private group you'll receive the requests to allow other users to join. 

More about it can be found here: What should I know about the Fitbit Community?

What should I know about closed groups in the Fitbit Community?

Let me know if you have further questions

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Juan, the link you sent me tells me nothing about creating an OPEN group, I'm afraid... I just created a group to see if there was an option harder to find, to choose closed Vs open, and there wasn't. There also wasn't an option after creating the group to turn it from closed to open. So I have created the 1000th closed vegan group... I've been told by a couple of you from Fitbit that we can create open groups but no one seems to be able to, as we're all complaining about the same thing! Can you please download the Android app and look at it to tell me exactly how to do it (if you find it at all). Message templates can be very useful (I've done customer service, I know the drill) but in this case they don't have the answer!

Thank you and kind regards.

Best Answer

Hi @CatRod , thank you for your reply and for noticing the the changes made on the app. I apologize for the wrong information I provided. 

You are right, the settings were changed and right now only closed (private) groups can be made in the Community Feed. 

In this case, as you already have made a private group you can invite your friends to join it. 

You can ask for the specific open group or/and the possibility to have the open group setting on our feature suggestion board

I'll advise you post each suggestion by itself so that our team can cathegorize it better and have a better overview of the requests made. 

Please take a moment to visit and give us your feedback. 

If you find that a similar suggestion has already been made by another member of the Community, you can vote for their idea and add your comments. We look forward to reading your suggestions. 

JuanFitbit | Community Moderator, Fitbit. Hat dir mein Beitrag geholfen dann markier ihn als Lösung und gib mir Kudos !! Habt ihr Tipps um fitter zu werden? Lifestyle Discussion forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Juan,

If you read my original post you will see I made a very clear request: Please can you create an open Vegan / Plant-based group on the community forum". There's no ambiguity here, as far as I can see? Could you look into this for us please? I have no interest in having a closed group.

Thank you, Cat

Best Answer

I agree with CatRod. There is a huge need for an OPEN Vegan / Plant-based group on the community forum.  (Vegan is NOT the same as Vegetarian.) Right now, multiple users are gathering names to invite into [redundant] closed Vegan groups.  I almost joined one but - how can users be sure that the person setting up the group is not a bot who is phishing for email addresses and other info?  (BTW, I have seen numerous new bots, created daily, but that’s is problem for a separate discussion).   Please setup a Vegan group in the OPEN groups.  Thank you.

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer

Hey,

Are you any further forward with creating an OPEN Vegan group which doesn't require anyone to have to be requested into it. 

It's something a large part of the community is screaming out for. With Veganuary round the corner I think a lot of people would be really interested with it. 

Please, please can you create an open Vegan group.

Best Answer

Has any movement toward this been made? I would love a group of like minded folks to talk to!

Cheryl
Best Answer

I agree with the others. This is a very good idea to add a Vegan group that anybody can just see and join the same as others. Vegan is not the same as vegetarian. There are key differences and I have a real interest in seeing who the other vegans are so I can add them as friends, compare ranking of steps, and even talk to them and get to know them better. This is important because vegans have a real hard time relating to other people in general because most insist on trying to debate and justify killing animals and try to feed animal products to vegans either ignorantly because they don't understand, or sometimes even harassment to anger them.

Best Answer

I agree completely. We have so many things in common, so this would be a very nice and supportive group to have to stay fit and motivated in a cruelty free way.

Best Answer

You are so right,  It would be so nice to have our own group.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I created a community group called Real Vegans Only just now in hopes this will help I have been searching for a vegan community in general and would love everyone to join.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I created a community group called Real Vegans Only just now in hopes this will help I have been searching for a vegan community in general and would love everyone to join.

Best Answer
0 Votes

If you receive a friend request it’s so I can add you to the group since we can’t have an open group. Then everyone can invite their own friends as well.

Best Answer
"community group", does that mean it's visible for everyone to see? This wasn't possible when I first sent this request...
Best Answer