Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ways to incorporate more proteins?

ANSWERED

Looking to up my protein so that it is more balanced with my carb and fats intake. Already eating cheese, greek yogurt, almonds, granola. Working on incorporating more beans, quinoa, and lean proteins like shrimp and chicken at dinner time. Any other high protein snacks/sides out there worth a try?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I also use protein powder. Usually a scoop of whey in the morning and a scoop of casein in the evening mixed with half a cup of yogurt or cottage cheese. Unflavored. Mix in some berries, chopped apple or cut up oranges and get some fiber too. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @SNS3530 - like you, I believe it’s all about balance. I also have to make sure I get enough calcium, being lactose intolerant. So I’ve added a daily Premier Protein drink to my diet. It tastes good, adds 30g of protein to keep me full but only has 3 net grams of carbs. It makes a perfect mid-afternoon snack. 

Keep up the good work!

Best Answer

Hi @SNS3530 

I agree with @SunsetRunner  that you could possibly try adding protein shakes.  There are many different kinds - such as whey, pea, casein, hemp, egg, brown rice.  You could also try adding protein bars into the mix.  Some of my favorites are Quest, Kirkland and Power Crunch.

I hope this helps 😊

Best Answer

I also use protein powder. Usually a scoop of whey in the morning and a scoop of casein in the evening mixed with half a cup of yogurt or cottage cheese. Unflavored. Mix in some berries, chopped apple or cut up oranges and get some fiber too. 

Scott | Baltimore MD

Charge 6; Inspire 3; Luxe; iPhone 13 Pro

Best Answer

I used to have the Premier Protein shakes a lot in college and loved them. May have to give them a try again. They're just a little steep for my budget.🙃 Thanks for the suggestion !

Best Answer

I use high quality protein powder in low cal smoothies and in my morning cereal, it can also be used in regular cooking but add it at the end and mix through, heat can destroy some proteins

Best Answer

@Baltoscott @Telhea  I just read a study by the U. of Birmingham that said  to maintain muscle, protein should be spread evenly through the day for older people, and that they need more protein than younger people to get the same response.  ( Older was 77)  In another study about maintaining better muscle, 'older people' (over 50) who eat plenty of Vitamin C had the best muscle.  (As tested in their blood).  For most people an orange a day was enough.  Terrible that they call over 50 'older', right?  That was Funded by Medical Research Council & Cancer Research in the UK who called you older.  ho ho 

Best Answer