Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Weekly Caloric deficit and Cheat days

ANSWERED

So  Suppose I had been doing great and averaging a 1000 calorie a day deficit and a 10 000 calorie a week deficit. If one day I was to .... I dont know eat a bunch of candy and drink a guiness in the hottub would the overall weekly deficit make up for the cheat day???

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I wouldn’t suggest a cheat day unless you know your body can handle a cheat day but having a day with higher calories every so often can, in fact, help with fat loss. It keeps your metabolism happy. You may want to start with a cheat meal but one day is not going to hurt. Just be aware you will gain water weight so don't freak out when you weigh yourself.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

In theory, yes. But if you are following a specific diet, it potentially could mess your system up. I know when I carb cycle, I get an upset tummy the day after re-introducing carbs back into my diet.

That being said, when I trained with a PT he used to always say to me that my body needed cheat food but to have a cheat meal rather than a whole day of cheating

This nutter participated in 3 Tough Mudders in 2019 to raise awareness for Endometriosis.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I wouldn’t suggest a cheat day unless you know your body can handle a cheat day but having a day with higher calories every so often can, in fact, help with fat loss. It keeps your metabolism happy. You may want to start with a cheat meal but one day is not going to hurt. Just be aware you will gain water weight so don't freak out when you weigh yourself.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!! Was more of a chest meal anyway / terrible dinner lol
Best Answer
0 Votes