Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Does Eating Clean Mean to You?

ANSWERED

What does "eating clean" mean to you? I am reporting on the answers I get in my class discussion. Please as well indicate your gender and approximate age of the person and his/her answer (ie. female in her 20s)

Thanks to all who choose to participate.

Moderator edit: Format.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

To me, eating clean means "nutritarian", where food is high in fito-nutrients (leafy greens), low in calories, healthy fats (nuts and seeds), organic. For those who chose to eat animal products, I would ad:

- non-GMO

- no hormones or antibiotics (in meat)

- free from mercury or other heavy metals

- non-processed

- grass-fed

- cage free (for chicken and eggs)

- low glicemic index

- high in micronutrients

- low in macro-nutrients

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Eating clean to me is choosing whole foods like vegetables, fruits and grains, as foods grown from the ground, in addition to healthy proteins and fats. Clean eating also means avoiding refined grains, pesticides, added substances, additives, unhealthy fats and a lot of sugar and salt.

Best Answer

To me, eating clean means "nutritarian", where food is high in fito-nutrients (leafy greens), low in calories, healthy fats (nuts and seeds), organic. For those who chose to eat animal products, I would ad:

- non-GMO

- no hormones or antibiotics (in meat)

- free from mercury or other heavy metals

- non-processed

- grass-fed

- cage free (for chicken and eggs)

- low glicemic index

- high in micronutrients

- low in macro-nutrients

Best Answer

Please check the Community guidelines:

Solicitation of Fitbit Community members for research [...] purposes [...] is prohibited.

One may argue of course that a class discussion doesn’t constitute a real research study.

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

The common medicine used to purge the large intestine of fecal matter is called "Go-lite." Obviously, there is a problem here.

Any type of benefit "reform" is code for cutting benefits. Oh, they don't call them "benefits"; They call them entitlements and have converted the word to mean unearned handouts.

The Republicans said medical care would be "accessible" under the new plan. So are yachts if you have a spare million dollars laying around.

When I see the words "clean eating" I know the person is trying to disguise they are eating unhealthy foods that someone told them is clean. They seldom reveal what they are actually eating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wont answer

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I was asked to ask 3 people the question of "clean eating" and include it. I just wanted to be clear that my teacher asked us to. I don't have much of a social life being busy with school and new baby that I chose to post here.

Best Answer
0 Votes