Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's your favorite healthy breakfast?

ANSWERED

We see members of our community posting healthy and delicious recipe ideas on this forum every day, and want to work on compiling some of them into an organized resource for everyone to enjoy! We're kicking things off with the first meal of most of our days: breakfast.

Everyone has their own go-to health eats, so we encourage you to share your own! To participate:

1. Reply in this thread with your favorite healthy breakfast. Try to include specifics like measurements and instructions, or reference the original site/author if it's not your own recipe.
  2. Vote on other posted recipes!

Once we have a good number of recipes, Fitbit's own in-house nutritionist will take a look at the top posts to give them a healthy stamp of approval. We'll then compile everything into a download, and you can get going with some new Community-approved breakfast recipes!

Can't wait to see what we come up with together!

Best Answer
102 REPLIES 102

If you want to up your fiber and protein intake with the Overnight Oatmeal, you can add a tablespoon of Chia seeds. 

This was suggested to me by a nutritionist.  It doesn't really change the taste. 

Best Answer

@KatieP1979  thanks for that. I've often wondered about chia seeds. It reminds me of those old chia pets! I've known people who added flax, but they said it made them so gassy.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

So many great ideas I will use! Thanks for sharing all!

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Most mornings I make my own quick version of guacamole: just avocado, tomatoes, chilis, lime juice and salt.  Sometimes I eat it on coarse oatcakes, sometimes on a slice of sourdough whole wheat and rye bread, but mostly I just eat it by itself with a fork.

All washed down with a pot of strong tea with skimmed milk (skimmed because I have just got used to the taste and I don’t like the flavour of fatty milk in tea - not because I am afraid of fat).

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer

Hi everyone, great ideas! I think this is going to be a great Community breakfast download!

@carolynperson interesting... let me know how that goes! All of my homemade nut milks (or rice or oat milk) separate in the fridge but mix back up pretty easy. Are there directions you follow anywhere online?

@Lacir do you fry your eggs in oil or butter?

@SweetKumquat yum, that sounds delicious. I'll do raisin and apple a lot too with coconut oil almond butter.

@Martin8873 that also sounds delicious. There's a breakfast place in SF near the office which does toasted walnut bread with sunflower seed nut butter and bananas and then they add a bit of brown sugar on the bananas and blow torch it so it caramelizes and then sprinkle some salt. It's SO good!

@GraceGFitbit love a good omelet, they keep me full for a while too.

@BlancaT that is a great idea, never thought of freezing them. I've just got into doing more meal prep on a Sunday - it really helps in the week. Is there a recipe you use for the egg bites?

@kawwana - I also do flax seeds. Do you do whole or ground?

@MathewRT quick way to do eggs!

@Julia_G I do oat cakes as well, I like the whole grain or brown ones.

@KatieP1979 good tip on the chia seeds. I like them in smoothies but struggle to eat them when they are on their own like a healthy dessert because they can get so slimy.

Best Answer

Liz,
My nut milks separate also but with shaking they are fine. Even the professionally made milks require shaking. A friend told me about a nut milk maker at Amazon that warms the milk as it’s being made and comes with a built in electric grinder. She said there is very little separation. I’m thinking of trying it out because the entire process occurs in the maker. I’ll let you know what happens.

Carolyn

Moderator edit:  removed personal information

Best Answer

do you have the receipe?

Best Answer

In my ideal healthy breakfast, I normally eat eggs, almonds, dates, milk, greek yogurt, and coffee. Almonds and dates are beneficial for health. Every morning, I eat 7 almonds and 5-10 dates.

And coffee is an amazing beverage to start your day.

Best Answer

Experiment success. I wanted something quick, tasty and healthy. Had a package of muffin mix (triple berry) that called for milk to be added. What I used was some low fat milk (should have used the almond milk) and some vanilla greek yogurt. It worked great as pancakes and plenty left over for the morning or as a snack.

Love this thread!

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

"Two boiled eggs!"

Best Answer

Can you put recipe for egg bites in instant pot 

Best Answer

Don't you have to spray the measuring cup before adding the egg mixture.  Or it just doesn't stick 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Of course!

This is one I copy. You can tweak with different veggies and or cheeses.
https://therecipepot.com/instant-pot-spinach-mushroom-egg-bites/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=pinter...

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Overnight oats - 20g organic oat flakes, 1 tablesp chia seed, 1 tablesp ground flaxseed, handful of frozen berries(raspberries or blueberries), 1/3 cup water plus a little more, leave to soak, eat next day with sugar free Alpro. Very Nice!

Best Answer

I make almond bread in mugs from Rocco Dispirito.  So good. Then I meal prep them with egg, bacon and a bit of cheese. Wrap in wax paper and put in the freezer. It's easy to grab one in the morning and throw in my bag for work.  Very filling and satisfying way to get a good protein breakfast.

INGREDIENTS:

• 2/3 cup almond meal/flour
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 unsweetened coconut or almond milk

METHOD:

1. coat two large coffee mugs with cooking spray.
  2. In a small bowl, mix together the almond meal, baking powder, and salt with a fork. Ad the eggs and milk and continue to mix with the fork.
  3. Divide the mixture evenly between the mugs and microwave until a toothpick inserted in bread comes out clean, about 90 to 120 seconds.  Turn out, slice each loaf.

Best Answer

Herb tea with 1 tsp of raw honey 15 - 30 minutes prior to 1 cup of porridge with no milk every morning. It can be millet, buckwheat, steel cut oats, Bob's Ten Grains meal or any other mixed grains, including teff. I make several varieties of porridge ahead of time and freeze them - only berries and fruit I have to add every time I unfreeze for ready to go breakfast.

Necessary additives for getting full spectrum of complex carbohydrates, fiber, healthy fats, proteins and nutritious:

1/4 cup walnuts (sliced almonds or pecans);

1/2 cup fruit or berries: I freeze them during their season (blueberries, cherries, black currants), grow my own and freeze as well (raspberries, honeysuckle berries, wild strawberries) or pick up wild (saskatoon, buffalo berries - 1/4 cup);

1 - 2 tbsp Chia or milled flax seeds;

pinch of cinnamon (optional);

1 tsp bee pollen (optional)

P.S. Millet goes well with apricots. Buckwheat - with dates.

Best Answer

On weekdays, I eat Greek yogurt with splenda and, if in season, berries. 

My personal favorite is Egg and Bacon with a potato roll. 

Best Answer

Hello all! Thank you for sharing your meals and recipes. 

@HMargarita, great suggestion. I will definitely try it. I will have to wait some time to homegrow my own berries though 😅

Simple and healthy breakfast I had today:

• 1 toast with spinach and cottage cheese
  • 2 boiled eggs
  • Sliced and baked tomatoes with avocado and chopped chives.
    • Add olive oil, if you like the taste 😛

If someones tries this one, let me know. Wish you all a great day. 

Regards. 

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I take Kirkland Greek Yogurt (170 gms), mix with my serving of pumpkin flax cereal, which is broken down in the blender, and then mix that with my blended combo of fruit. It's like a parfait.

Best Answer

Hello @robinhelenehebe, thanks for posting. 

That actually sounds tasty. I will definitely try it and pass on the recipe 😉

Any other recipes are welcome. Thank you all! 

Greetings

RodrigoM | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes