Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What to try and eat?

ANSWERED

Thought some members here might have better advice than Google.

i had an accident yesterday that ended me up in hospital before I started eating. (I’m doing 16:8).

I spent 7 hours in my local ED, and they eventually gave me an egg sandwich and a cup of tea. I ate half the sandwich, but ended up throwing up due to the pain meds.

I still feel sick today due to the meds, but as I lost 1.2kg yesterday. I know I need to eat something, even though I don’t want to.

Any suggestions on what I could try? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @TraceSPN - so sorry to hear of your accident. Hope you are feeling better soon. As for food, think of things that are easy to digest. Black tea and dry toast always seem to sit well when I’m ill. Scrambled eggs, hot oatmeal, saltine or graham crackers are other foods to consider. Eat small amounts but more frequently. Here in Michigan (USA), we were raised to drink Verona’s Ginger Ale when sick. It seems to settle the stomach. But any ginger soda would probably do the same. A mild mint tea also soothes my stomach. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hi @TraceSPN 

Sometimes saltine crackers, dry toast or chicken broth stay down fairly well.  

I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Best Answer

Hi @TraceSPN - so sorry to hear of your accident. Hope you are feeling better soon. As for food, think of things that are easy to digest. Black tea and dry toast always seem to sit well when I’m ill. Scrambled eggs, hot oatmeal, saltine or graham crackers are other foods to consider. Eat small amounts but more frequently. Here in Michigan (USA), we were raised to drink Verona’s Ginger Ale when sick. It seems to settle the stomach. But any ginger soda would probably do the same. A mild mint tea also soothes my stomach. 

Best Answer

Sometimes saltine crackers, dry toast or chicken broth stay down fairly well😋.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm sorry to hear about your accident @TraceSPN, I hope you're feeling better. 

I definitely think that something very light is recommended for these type situations, just a toast with something you like on top (cheese, peanut butter, pesto, avocado), or a chicken broth with your favorite seasoning and some tea. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes