Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sweetner in my Coffee

Hi, 

I cut out from 2 sugars in my coffee to 1 sweetner.

ive now also cut down to not having a coffee after 2pm.

Should i make the next step and cut out the sweetner? will 4 or 5 sweetners a day be damaging my health?

Would like to know your thoughts on this.

Baz

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

In the grand scheme of things, your coffee drinking only plays a minor role. Coffee itself doesn’t contain any calories, so it’s what you put in it (milk, cream, sugar etc.) that matters: zero-calorie sweeteners will keep your coffee calorieless (if you drink it black). Unless decaffeinated, coffee does contain caffeine: caffeine is a potent stimulant, which can be good if it makes you more active, but it can also keep you awake, which can be bad if it negatively impact your sleep. By stopping drinking it after 2pm, you certainly eliminate that risk.

As to your question about sweeteners and health, I assume you refer to artificial sweeteners like aspartame and their alleged harmful effects on health. I’d point you to the relevant article on examine.com (good source of information for all things supplements).

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Just remember, Aspartame is actually made from bacteria feces …. Man Sad

Best Answer
0 Votes

Cheers Tom, I prefer the term "Excretion" haha, however thats one way to give it up!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Aspartame is actually made from bacteria feces

One shouldn’t believe everything posted on the internet...

Dominique | Finland

Ionic, Aria, Flyer, TrendWeight | Windows 7, OS X 10.13.5 | Motorola Moto G6 (Android 9), iPad Air (iOS 12.4.4)

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there.

Dominique, thanks for a very useful article. I found a lot of important information on it that I was looking for. I'm going to try some of them. I'm also trying to reduce my sweetener from my food and beverages and change it to artificial sweeteners. I also drink coffee too much and now my goal is to cut it down for 3 -4 cups a day.

Thanks again for a good source.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Indeed, if you're speaking about aspartame, better stop using it. I would rather use sugar, than this garbage. As much as I know, it's not good for your health at all, and it has a lot of side effects. I can say that a good cup of coffee doesn't need any sweetener, and it's delicious on its own, but of course, it depends on the coffee beans and the coffee machine. I read multiple Keurig vs Nespresso reviews before I decided to get my Nespresso Creatista Plus, and I don't regret the purchase at all. So, stop using it, and better use stevia if you want your coffee sweet this thing you're using has nothing good in it.

Best Answer

I do'nt see in this sense😊

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, I've done the same thing @AlexAlex1, instead of changing to something like aspartame, I did the same thing @SunsetRunner mentioned earlier, I just reduced the amount of sugar in my coffee and I've tried to limit sugar as much as possible in my diet. 

Davide | Italian and English Community Moderator, Fitbit

Ti invito a partecipare nelle nostre discussioni! Commenti

Best Answer
0 Votes