Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

create original recipes?

I cook mainly from scratch.  I would like to save my recipes because i often use less salt and fat than commercial products. How do I accomplish this on the site?

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Just wondering about any help others can give me about creating my own recipes on this site. People have been looking, which is fine.  I had hoped there was a way to put the ingredients for some of my dishes so that I would not have to type in every ingredient every time. Can anyone help?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I wish I could be of some help, but I'm pretty new at using the food log on Fitbit. I would like to be able to do it as well, so I'm hoping that someone will know an answer.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'd like to help, but have the same issue. I switched to fitbit after just using a simple dieting app, unless I'm just not doing it right, I'm surprised how limited the food intake part of the app is; if I want to eat processed ready made meals and some cans of  I can enter no problem, but to create a home made meal, with say some pulses, olive oil, yoghurt and save that as a regular recipe seems to be beyond the apps capability, which is surprising and very frustrating. Hope someone can help 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I access the Fitbit app on my computer. Where you log your food is the option to create a meal.  The downside is you need to figure it out on paper how much one serving is and enter that as your meal.  If you enter ingredients for a pot of soup, you can't use 1 cup as a serving you get the whole thing.   

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm going to try to log it in as a meal instead of every ingredient. If you add up all your calories, fat, etc. and log it as a meal under a name or number (chick/quinoa or meal #1) I think it should be easier if you're eating the same basic meals weekly. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue and solved the problem by building a recipe on a nutrition calculator, then manually entered the nutrition data in Fitbit under create a new food. It's tedious but the only way I could find. Fitbit, please add a nutrition calculator. 

Best Answer