Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

holidays and alcholo

I know when your trying to get fit alcohol is a big no no. That being said I like to have a drink every once and a while. Also Holidays are coming up and I know I will end up wanting to have more cocktails then usual lol. I was just wondering if anyone had yummy low calorie ideas or even if a certain type of wine has fewer calories then other? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

If I'm going to drink I am not going to waste it it on low calorie wine. Its not worth the compromise.

Just don't over do. Enjoy the holidays but keep things in check like the rest of the year.

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

I'm with @WendyB - I don't waste money or energy on low calorie or cheap wine. Just drink moderately, eat wisely, and keep exercising. Everything will be okay.

Best Answer

i'm going to agree with the rest and suggest you have good drinks, but fewer of them. I'm going to a charity event on Tuesday, and I'll probalby have one drink (even if it is a school night), a Cabernet and cola. I rarely drink (I've never been much of a drinker) and rarely have soda (I'm really trying here), so this will be my indulgence.

Best Answer

I'm with @WendyB. and @USAF-Larry on this one. I rarely have alcohol so I'd better get the drink I want. 

Right now I've been cooking up mulled wine (I absolutely detest coldweather) so I have half a glass every now and then. It's great for the season.

Moderation is key, set a limit and don't break it. 

Fitbit Community ModeratorHelena A. | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was this helpful? Yay! If it was, please vote for it or mark this as a solution. Show us!

Best Answer

Although I have a bar full of liquor I don't drink much myself.  It was collected over the years when I did more entertaining.  I'm lucky in that my go to drink is usually scotch straight up, or bourbon on the rocks.  This way I'm only concerned about the calories in the alcohol itself.

During the summer I was making my own coolers (which I'm going to try and reinvent next year without relying on artificial sweeteners).  I have a sodastream so I would make up some sugar-free grapefruit soda, add some **True Grapefruit to cut the sweetness, then remove some of the soda and top up with vodka.  This, of course, isn't easy to do if you're at someone else's place.

**Crystallized Grapefruit [citric acid*, grapefruit oil, grapefruit juice] *Non-GMO

Nice product, and I may try it direct next year in plain soda, using a stevia product to sweeten if necessary.

Anne | Rural Ontario, Canada

Ionic (gifted), Alta HR (gifted), Charge 2, Flex 2, Charge HR, One, Blaze (retired), Trendweight.com,

Down 150 pounds from my top weight (and still going), sharing my experiences here to try and help others.

Best Answer

Aunty_Acid_Mashed_Potatoes_Quote.jpg

Best Answer

If I'm at a social event and want to have some drinks, I like to have a third of a serving of wine (red or white) mixed in with seltzer and ice in a tall glass, so one serving of wine ends up making three drinks.

Best Answer

It depends why you are drinking. Flavor or buzz- now most times those are not mutually exclusive but when you are dieting it might be. If you are a wine person, usually the dark reds are lower in sugar which means lower in calorie. White is high. Even Chardonnay. I myself don't love wine enough to waste the calories and I was a huge wino back in the day. I will however have sangria. Yes it has calories, but you get added flavor from spice and a shot of bourbon or whatever liquor they put in. Delicious and you need fewer to feel the wine happy.

If you are serious about calorie counting then stick to clear. Gin, vodka, rum- 90 calories per shot. Mix it with tonic and a twist- delish and you only need two or three to feel happy.

The big things to stay away from are the drinks that are mixed with fruit juice, simple syrups, sodas, creams and the such. Loads of extra calories.

Beer is easy. Look at the label. you can get a beer for under 100 calories per bottle. They taste not great, but in a pinch will do. When I was losing my go to was Corona Light with lemon not lime.

Elena | Pennsylvania

Best Answer

Drink up don't hold yourself back. Weight is nothing but a number. A few drinks here and there won't kill you. If years of bad eating and drinking didn't kill you I'm sure it won't kill you tomorrow. To me drinking has nothing to do with being fit or not. If you are not fit alcohol is the least reason why you aren't lmfao. I can say some of the most fittest people still drink just not getting drunk every night. Cheers. 

Best Answer

I dont drink often but when i do i am aiming for white girl wasted lol I buy "low cal vodka" (its only slightly lower but same price so i buy it) for mix I use either:

Skinny girl 0 calorie mixes

Mio

crystal light

diet pop

this keeps my drink between 95-105 cal each

to get fancy you can mix these mixes with crushed ice 🙂

Best Answer

The calories in alchohol are eactly that. So to take in less calories you need to drink lower alchohol versions of wine etc.. Minus the actual alchohol most booz would be quite low calorie, but also pointless ha ha!! sorry to be the bringer of bad news 🙂 (Mix spirits with zero cal soft drinks is a good tip tho). My best tip would be to enjoy your holiday and jump back on the waggon afterwards!!!

Best Answer