Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire 2 battery is draining within hours

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought my Fitbit a little over a year ago and this week the battery is drained after 4 hours which kind of defeats the purpose as I am always charging it and not wearing it.

I’ve turned off all notifications and it’s made no difference. Think my relationship with Fitbit is over unless there are any other tips to save the battery 

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi there, @Gsygal. Welcome to the Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Inspire 2 before reaching out. I understand where your concern is coming from. 

The battery can last up to 10 days; because battery life is affected by use and other settings, actual results may vary, but the battery shouldn't be draining only after a few hours. Please make sure to follow all the recommendations listed in this article

In addition, try to perform a restart following the steps listed here below, this has been useful for other users experiencing something similar: 

1. Plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Connect your device to the charging cable. For instructions, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?
  3. Press and hold the button or buttons on your tracker for 5 seconds.
  4. Release the button. When you see a smile icon and the tracker vibrates, the tracker restarted.
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

My fitbit inspire 2 is only 6 months old.  I was amazed that it held charge for 10 days … until 2 weeks ago when all of a sudden the charge is only lasting a day!  I charged it a couple of days ago, but didn’t wear it for a whole day … charge dropped only 9% … nice!  Put it on this morning and after 12 hours the battery level is already down to 41%. 
I have read all the other messages about the charge not holding and tried all solutions listed, to no avail.  Seriously thinking about returning it and getting a refund or an exchange for another fitbit … initially thrilled to bits, but now disappointed!

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to my Inspire 2 and the reboot did not help. Is there anything else that can be done to save my device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit 
Any ideas? Should I return it???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the tips unfortunately I tried all of those but none helped the issue. I decided to purchase another one instead and hope I don’t have the same issue in a few months time 

Best Answer
0 Votes