Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calorie counter not starting at zero

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, I have just bought an Inspire 3, have set it up, everything except the calorie count is zero. Apparently I have burned 802 calories getting started! Help please!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@Merrilynngay Fitbit estimates your calories burned based on your Basal Metabolic Rate combined with your activity level. Basal Metabolic Rate is the energy your body needs just to stay alive. I don't know what time zone you are in or what time it is there, but 802 may be a reasonable estimate of the calories you burned, based on your Basal Metabolic Rate. Your calories will reset to 0 at midnight and, when you wake up on the morning, the Fitbit app will show that you have already burned several hundred calories. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@Merrilynngay Fitbit estimates your calories burned based on your Basal Metabolic Rate combined with your activity level. Basal Metabolic Rate is the energy your body needs just to stay alive. I don't know what time zone you are in or what time it is there, but 802 may be a reasonable estimate of the calories you burned, based on your Basal Metabolic Rate. Your calories will reset to 0 at midnight and, when you wake up on the morning, the Fitbit app will show that you have already burned several hundred calories. 

Community Council Member

Amanda | Wyoming, USA
Pixel Watch 2, Inspire 3, Sense | Android

Best Answer
0 Votes