Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit support doesn't answer

Has anyone else had issues with FitBit support just...never answering? I have an in-warranty device that has faulty sensors, I've reached out 6 times over the past couple of weeks trying to get it replaced. They keep saying they're "escalating the case" and then I never hear a thing from anybody. It's so frustrating that they can just ignore you and not honor a warranty. 

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

They must have been trained by Xfinity/Comcast. 🙂

Best Answer

My wife had the same miserable experience working with the Google Customer Service team when attempting to resolve her issue with missing heart metrics (Breathing Rate and HRV) and detailed sleep cycle data (it only provided basic sleep information), with 3 different devices.  They finally ghosted her, which prompted an immediate return of these devices for a replacement.

My Inspire 3 device works fine, however, so do yourself a favor and save time and reduce frustration by just returning your device for a replacement before your warranty period expires.

The Google Customer Service team only knows how walk customers through a pre-defined list of troubleshooting steps to resolve problems and none of them work to resolve this issue.  After they get to the end of their list, they simply tell you to have a nice day and stop responding altogether. 

Pretty lame...

Best Answer

I wish I could return it-- unfortunately, it's about 9 months old, so I'm stuck with it ☹️ Now it's powering off unexpectedly even though it's charged. I'm sure I won't hear anything from them, but jeez. What a waste of money. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The Inspire 3 has a 1-year Factory warranty and that sure sounds like a legit reason for a factory return with replacement to me.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh, I totally agree! But for that to happen they have to authorize it. I reached out to them yet again this evening about the device suddenly not powering on anymore and they (for the 4th time) asked me if I’m wearing it too loose/too tight 😂 It’s like a bad joke. Device won’t power on? You must be wearing it wrong! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds like the Google Customer Service team only know how to read troubleshooting steps from a script, without having any actual troubleshooting skills at all. That really is a bad joke! 

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that a device that randomly shuts down on it's own is a bad device that should be returned on a RMA.

I would recommend asking them to provide you with an escalation path up the management chain to dispute that.

Best Answer
0 Votes