Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Inspire 3, which I loved, now is almost useless to me

I was given an Inspire 3 for Christmas. It was a wonderful gift at the time, since I was experiencing sleep issues. Finally, I had a way of tracking my sleep data and keeping a record of my stages of sleep, duration and quality.

With the latest update, all that is gone.

I so regret updating to the horrible new format. The screen has no data about sleep quality that I can use. The stages of sleep, which were a key part of my Fitbit experience, is completely gone. There is no sleep score. The graphics which were easy and fun to read, are replaced with banal fonts. There is no record of how much time I spend in deep, light, and REM sleep. I'm so sorry that I updated.

I am considering finding another device to buy, from another company. I don't want to spend the money on an Apple watch, but I will keep looking until I find an appropriate replacement that does all the things the Inspire 3 use to do, before the horrendous update.

Best Answer
15 REPLIES 15

Which update are you talking about? The Fitbit  device  or the app? My Fitbit  and my (iOS) app are both up to date and I'm  still getting all the sleep data:  duration, score, awake time plus REM, light and deep sleep times.  Also giving me oxygen  variation, heart rate, and restlessness. 

Best Answer

You are one of the lucky ones.

My Inspire 3 returns all 5 Heart Metrics and the detailed sleep cycle information every day, but my wife is on her third Inspire 3 in less than two months and it never returns the Breathing Rate and HRV heath metrics, or the detailed sleep cycle data and graphs: just basic sleep details.

All Customer Service attempts to get these three Inspire 3 devices to work have failed.

Best Answer

I'm talking about the Update that comes up on the App, when you get a msg that there is an update available. I clicked it on and nothing looks the same as it once did, and many things are missing. I have seen hundreds of comments on this forum about the update, and yours is the only one that seems to be OK with the update.

Best Answer

I probably haven't looked at the sleep data in 2 months so I  don't remember what it looked like before the update. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I think mine updated as there is a terrible new format for sleep stages but info is there.  I have yet to see a positive change - still upset they deleted the ability to have step competitions with friends!

Best Answer

Customer Service just informed my wife that they are done attempting to get her Inspire 3 working to return Breathing Rate and HRV heart metrics, and detailed sleep cycle data/charts.

To make matters worse, they suggested that she starts looking to other customers on the fitbit community forum for information to help get her Inspire 3 (the third bad one) working instead and then basically told her to have a nice day.

That is incredibly poor customer service by any standard, so she initiated another return for the third device on Amazon and won't even consider purchasing another Inspire 3 until there is some indication on the fitbit community forum that Google is actually making an effort to resolve these severe product performance issues.

So far, having no Customer Service, device firmware updates or app software updates to help resolve these issues is anything but an indication that Google really cares what happens to Fitbit customers.

Best Answer

Wow, way to inspire (pun intended) customer loyalty. When/if mine dies I'll just go back to the $25 tracker I got from  Amazon. It did what I wanted a tracker to do. 

Best Answer

I am having same problems - inspire3 that stopped recording sleep suddenly - never has recorded spo2 and I have done everything suggested by moderators in the forums to no avail. My watch is less than a month old so I am returning it. Way to go FitBit for losing customers and NOT supporting your products. I will be moving to Garmin or another brand - I suspect this is all due to ownership by Google and plans to launch a product to replace the FitBit...so they just don't care. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, returning the Inspire 3 for a replacement device is currently the only way possible to get a working Inspire 3 that returns detailed sleep cycle graphs and the 5 heart metrics.

My Inspire 3 device always works and none of my wife's Inspire 3 devices (3) ever worked, no matter how many times the ineffective Google Customer Service team had her complete their scripted troubleshooting steps.

The missing detailed sleep cycle data and Heart Metrics (typically Breathing Rate, HRV and SPO2) must be a marginal hardware issue, because some devices work running with the current firmware and some devices don't.  Nothing short of a firmware update will get the devices that don't work functioning again.

The missing range limit data on the app sleep bar charts is clearly a very simple app software bug that could be fixed in one day, but it would probably take a couple of weeks to complete the software QA cycle before releasing a new app update.

Maybe one of the moderators could let us know what Google's plan is to resolve these firmware and software issues, if there is one.  That would make people feel a whole lot better about owning these devices and it would undoubtedly reduce the customer return rate as well.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No, you are most definitely not the only one! Nor was it your fault because you did an update because the rest of us had it updated automatically whether we wanted it or not. First they completely changed the home screen, now it’s the sleep data. Look around this forum, there are many, many complaints from numerous users, some saying they will no longer use Fitbit. I’m on the fence because I don’t want to spend the extra money for an Apple Watch and I’m not aware about the other options but I’m very unhappy as well, and will start looking for other options.

Best Answer

I was looking at some of those on Amazon and at the Apple watch at Costco. Which $25 fitness tracker on Amazon do you have, may I ask? I think I'm done with Fitbit because of their poor service. 

Best Answer

You are so right! Worthless sleep data. So many of us have complained about it but they do not listen. Shows how much they care about their customers. And it doesn’t “count” the days I exercise. It’s what I bought the darn thing for! So disappointed with my Fitbit Inspire 3. 

Best Answer

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY!!!! So disappointed in my Inspire 3. First one broke

Best Answer
0 Votes

I hate the new sleep format too! I finally switched to Apple Watch but continued my premium subscription just so I could get my sleep data that I loved - so I wear my Fitbit at night.  Now that they changed it, I don’t like it at all. Hoping they correct/fix it or go back to old version before it’s time to renew. If not, I’ll start looking for new sleep apps. 

Best Answer

They won’t which for me indicates how much they do not value their concerns which is unfortunate. I also question why they added ‘typical range for people like you’. How do they determine who is ‘like me’ ?!?!? Worthless info 

Best Answer
0 Votes