Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Sleep Graphics Data Unreadable

The new graphics to illustrate sleep data displays in a bar graph that is unreadable and hard to decipher. The previous version had a solid background with easy to view bar graphs and comparative data. The new version is unacceptable. We would like to return to the previous display. Is there a way to do so?

Best Answer
189 REPLIES 189

Same reactions here too. I don't know who changed and for what reasons. Is it some job rivalry between Google employees? Someone who wants to mar the Fitbit's prospects? On waking up, the first thing that I looked at was the Sleep pattern graph. But ever since the new graph appeared, I dislike looking at it. 

Best Answer

Also agree. And Fitbit sleep tracking data has become much less accurate since Google bought the company and started “fixing “ it. Google, why did you “fix” what wasn’t broken? The app now totally misses naps and often has me awake when I am definitely asleep (actually dreaming). Badly done Google. But I have very little hope that you will pay any attention to your customers and actually make the product better. If you were not actively harming your customers you would not be under investigation for monopolistic behavior by the FTC. You really should shape up so you don’t give them more fuel for their cases.

Best Answer
I so agree! I got a msg back from Google because they never heard back
from me??? I was waiting for them to respond to me about the sleep app!@!
Best Answer

Totally agree with this and the comments that this is the main feature I use Fitbit for. Maybe with enough feedback, they’ll change it back. I don’t know how this helps them and it frustrates users. 

Best Answer

I agree with you and hope that Fitbit return to the previous way to display sleep score. . It is very difficult to read and have a clear view of your score and a comprehensive way of understanding your nigh sleep. Thanks to pointing that out. 

Best Answer

Agreed, I find the new graphs more difficult to obtain the information I wish for.

I imagine it would be loss of face by the programmer to admit to this and return to the format everyone was happy with!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Totally agree with you. Could not have said it better. Bring back the true calorie estimate not the useless one there tells me I have 190 calories left at 11 am. And the new sleep graph sucks. Who signed off on these changes??!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I totally agree with you, and today it was even worse , no details on the basics, I hate this, we should demand they go back to the old basic easy reading of the important stages. This changes are extremely annoying! No explanation why, or how to read it! Turned it back to the way it was ! This is a protest!

Best Answer

The benchmark icon and the 30 day average show me the same bar graphs, but the 30 day average shows a dot that is apparently where I was last night?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes! Bring back what worked or I will be looking to get something other than fitbit next time. This is junk!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Agree, whenever I look at my sleep data, my only option is  extra work:
an extra "tap" to skip the unusable graph, then go to my benchmark section.

Please fitbit revert to the old user experience.  

Best Answer
That is the assumption I have been making!

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, at least they did a few years ago.  My husband bought one. It actually looked almost the same as the inspire, and I think was nicer.  About the same price point.  Only thing to check for is if it has a replaceable wrist band.  Some models used to not have replaceable bands.  If the band broke, it was cost prohibitive replace the band (the same cost as a new devise because it was a "repair").  I had some bad experiences with the Fitbit when the band was not replaceable.  I can't remember if the Garmin band was replaceable or not.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you!
Best Answer
0 Votes

100% Agree.

This never should have left development stage. If by slim chance it did, it never should have passed QA or review stage. Fitbit's development team is either in extreme disarray or they just have no care in the word for changes they push to production.

Best Answer
I find it to be a serious lack of customer awareness when a company makes changes to their product without testing it with existing users. This "unforced error" could have been avoided by leaving this app the way it was.
Best Answer
Thanks for your email. I have heard nothing from Google regarding
this but continue to get feedback from people like us who just want
what we had. You would think they would read the community board to
see all the negative comments and then fix it!
Best Answer

Hopefully they will. Sleep graphic is very important to me , even more than the steps count. Next time I might switch to a different brand of watch. 

Best Answer
I think we have to all have to do online reviews of how unhappy we are with
the changes. I just got an email that they are putting out a new watch. Why
not fix the current problems. It's all about sales not support!
Best Answer
I just chatted online with Google. They are even more useless. They wanted
me to pay justask for my issue. I am disgusted.
Best Answer
0 Votes