Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspire HR not tracking my whole activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I set my inspire HR to track my yoga class. It always turns off before the class is over. Today it only tracked for 8 minutes.  My Inspire HR is paired with my iPhone 8. 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
20 REPLIES 20

Welcome to the Community @Beckyf87. Thanks for letting me know that you've set your Inspire HR to track your Yoga class. 

It sounds like you're using the exercise activity to track your Yoga class. I would like you to make sure you're following these steps to track it properly:

1. On your tracker, open the Exercise app .
2. Swipe to find an exercise, and tap to choose it.
3. Tap the play icon to begin the exercise, or swipe up to set a goal for time,
distance, or calories, depending on the activity.
4. When you're done with your workout or want to pause, press the button.
(Press the button again and tap Finish to end the workout.)
5. Swipe up to see your workout summary.
6. Press the button to close the summary screen.

If you're using this but it's auto pausing automatically, please make sure it's not pausing itself accidentally. (This usually happens when you're using a long sleeve shirt or sweater) 

Let me know how it goes. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the information. I had done all the steps except setting the time. The tracker actually tracked my whole session yesterday. I have now set the time (length) of class I have never had long sleeves during yoga sessions, so I’m still unsure why the tracker arbitrarily stops during sessions.

Becky

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @Beckyf87. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I'm glad to hear that your Inspire HR tracked your whole session, thanks for setting the time for the class. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This same thing happens to me. I am new here and so I did not know whether to tack onto this thread or start a new one. I'll put my question here.

I set the exercise tracker for "Walk", push the arrow to start my activity, and happily take a nice long walk. When I am done with my walk I check the tracker (Inspire HR) only to find that it had stopped tracking my exercise. I have had my new Inspire HR for only a few days, and tried the "Exercise" function 3 times - the first time it worked fine - I had to stop the tracker when I completed my walk. But for the past two days when I finished my walk and went to the tracker to stop it, I was disappointed to see that it had shut down prematurely so that I lost just about all of my data for the walk. So what it did record was meaningless. I do not know what caused this but my reason for getting the tracker was to track my progress as I get back to exercising. So I am very disappointed and would appreciate any suggestions.

And I also wonder how the original poster is doing with the tracker - any more problems?

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's great to see you around @Reillydog. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

Sorry to hear that your Inspire HR isn't tracking your activity. I would like you to restart your Inspire HR and then track another activity. Can you let me know if it's happening with all the activities or is it only happening with one?

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply. I returned the Inspire HR to the store since I was well within the return period, and have gone back to using my Fitbit One. I have had it since 2014 so it will eventually give out, and I will replace it. I'll try the Inspire HR again or whatever is comparable at the time.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I just had the same problem. I've tracked exercises before using the Inspire itself, but this time I set it to cycling, went for 15 minutes, but it stopped counting after 7 minutes. It might have done it once before, but I was new at it and assumed I did something wrong. This time I definitely did nothing to stop it counting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately, yoga 🧘‍:female_sign: isn’t listed ...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem.  Fitbit inspire HR stops tracking halfway, 2/3 way through the workout.  Auto track is off, it happens with all activities, and I manually start the event/exercise tracking.  I have tried restarting, logging out/in, etc.  So, if I want to track I have to go back, delete the partial workout and log my workout using estimated data.  I’ve been a Fitbit user for almost six years, but you guys need to fix this or I’ll have to switch to my Apple Watch full time.  Thanks.

Best Answer

I have been using my Inspire HR since July 2019. In the last couple of weeks, I've noticed that my Fitbit stops tracking my workout after 20-30 minutes, regardless of how active the workout is. I don't wear sleeves and nothing else is accidentally touching the device. I haven't changed anything about my workouts since July so this is a new problem with the device. I have been going into the app to edit the workout to the correct end time. I have rebooted the device multiple times. Has anyone been able to successfully fix this problem?

Best Answer

Dear SilviaFitbit,

I bought a fitbit inspire in December which was working fine. But since the last five days it does not recognise the exercises (which are long walks in my case). I have tried switching off three times gimmick which has worked for other problems. But this one is stubborn. Please help!

Thanks in advance,

Rose

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue, Iwatch has me at 5.3 miles (and I know my routes, that is correct) and my FITBIT HR has 3.2 and of course my pace is off on the fitbit as it still is ticking time off, steps are not as accurate as previously.   This is really not acceptable and like JOGGER I may just settle in on my Iwatch

Best Answer

Purchased a Fitbit Inspire HR to monitor daily steps and heart-rate because I'm 70, retired on a small pension, and starting to decline physically.  It cost over $120, lasted just over 18 months even though I never dropped it or immersed it in water, and the company would only offer me a 35% discount on a new watch.  Needless to say, I will not spend one more dime on their products and will never recommend them to anyone else!

Best Answer

I agree, they have a history of poor performance and people getting replaced product or “discount.”

I have had two of their products snd the first I needed a new one to replace the old and now I have a hr inspire because I didn’t want to spend a lot snd that is a **ahem** 

no more!  No mas!

btw their service at “fixes” don’t fix! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. It's been only registering 15 minutes if  lucky. It's frustrating. If I get a tracking map It's only partial.

I got mine for Christmas it's doing the same. No fill maps and only records a few minutes of my exersice

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes
GPS gets disconnected
Fitbit sent me a replacement
They tried (asked) me to let them track it over 2-3 days. I said no.
I’m wasn’t spending another minute on the phone. They did replace it.
However turned out they were right, it was a gps thing, proper connecting to Bluetooth and it did work out somehow

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Howd you properly connect to Bluetooth?

Best Answer
0 Votes
have bluetooth on smart phone turned on and when fitbit starts by tapping on walker or running stick figure and the waiting for connecting changing over to connected……
problem with mine was it disconnected during walk/jog and that was unknown until i ended. whether it was gps, satellite, or blue tooth issues i don’t know…..but over time it stopped acting up and worked again, that is after i complained and recd a new fitbit hr inspire…… my old one came back to working…..now i have two……i still use the original cheap little hr inspire and keep the spare
Best Answer
0 Votes

I saw all these updates to this conversation, but I thought I’d share the evolution of my situation. I was never able to fix this problem with multiple Fitbit devices, and I switched permanently to Apple Watch. Apple Watch has a lot of problems, but this isn’t one of them. I hope everyone else can fix this, and I wish you good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes