Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

$299 = £299 I think not...

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Why can I not buy the the Ionic at a price that relates to the prevalent exchange rates? At today's exchange rate $299 equates to £226, however I cannot seem to be able to buy the Ionic in the UK for less than £299. I have no intention of paying £70 (another 30%) over the odds, you can keep it.

Also as a LOYAL returning customer, I think it would be excellent CRM (Customer Relationship Management) for Fitbit to offer incentives for those of us wishing to upgrade our current devices.  

If anyone can provide a heads up on either of the above items, it would be much appreciated. 

Andy.

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

To quote DC Rainmaker from his review of the Ionic, when someone moaned there too "Because life costs more in Europe (remember, I live in Europe too – France).

Seriously, that’s a part of it. And by ‘life’, I mean the amount it costs for companies to support products in Europe. Most notably the longer warranty requirements."

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, I'm not accepting that. It's profiteering at it's worst.

I'll keep my money in my pocket, or spend my money with a different organisation that caters to my requirements. 

I don't need the device as it's not integral to my life. I will go without and won't buy it  as "Loyal customer" retention does not appear to be high on their list of priorities. It's a sad indictment of the way things are these days and when my Surge dies I will replace it with a different product.

Good bye FitBit.  

Best Answer
0 Votes