Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few (pre-arrival) Ionic queries

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi guys my Ionic should arrive tomorrow, so a few queries in advance:

• Can the device store more than one watch face on board that you can change from the watch, or is it a single on board face which you have to manage from the Fitbit app?
  • Calendar is there any way of viewing the primary calendar (as set on the phone) on the watch at all? In my case this would be an Exchange based calendar.
  • When incoming Email notifications arrive on the Ionic are you able to tap on the notification to read the email body or do you just see minimal data like sender / subject?
  • Same question as the above but with respect to SMS messages?
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

The answer to all of those questions unfortunately is not really.  I still love my Ionic, but as of now, you cannot do most of those things.

1.  Watch faces are one at a time and have to be changed via the mobile app

2.  No calendar available to view, but you can set notifications from that app to come through on your phone (i.e. Outlook)

3/4.  Emails and Texts are not able to be viewed in full.  They come through as a few sentences and are not able to be opened further.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

The answer to all of those questions unfortunately is not really.  I still love my Ionic, but as of now, you cannot do most of those things.

1.  Watch faces are one at a time and have to be changed via the mobile app

2.  No calendar available to view, but you can set notifications from that app to come through on your phone (i.e. Outlook)

3/4.  Emails and Texts are not able to be viewed in full.  They come through as a few sentences and are not able to be opened further.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for that, it is as I feared alas. All liveable with I guess, not as rich as on the Gear S3, but I'll have to manage with them as I do needs the greater fitness information that the Fitbit platform has over the Samsung system.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, I actually don't need the smartwatch features as much as I want the Fitbit platform, integrations and actual fitness tracking features.  I think that the potential is there and as time goes on they will roll out better smartwatch features (I hear Quick Replies to messages are coming sometime this year) so I have hope.  🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

That's exactly the situation I'm in. I'm really looking to improve my overall health and that has to take a priority over the true smart features I have on the S3. I'm hoping that Fitbit will continue to improve the OS which I feel they have to do if they wish to remain in the marketplace. The one they have to compete with of course is Apple and they will not stop innovating (or erm borrowing features from other systems). 

Best Answer
0 Votes