Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active steps an hr mismatched

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi on the 250 steps an hr if i do 250 steps for the 10hrs on my wrist the app shows that i have done the required steps each hr.but sometimes i put it in my pocket because of the work i do  and even though it counts the steps still and even still says i have been active on the watch for the 10hrs the app does not recognise that i have been active for those hrs its been in my pocket .even though the actual step count for the whole day are  both the same.any ideas.Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

It could be due to how the Fitbit is reading your intensity from your pocket.

Active minutes are only counted when there is continuous moderate to intense activity for over 10 minutes.  

When it’s in your pocket it probably thinks your body is not in complete moderate movement.

Best Answer
0 Votes

hi but then why would the watch say i have achieved the target but the app says i have missed some hrs.

Best Answer
0 Votes

That sounds like your ionic is not syncing fully to your app. 

Please try a manual sync.  Or restart your phone and app. 

Let us know how this works 

the data on your ionic and phone should be identical.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi tried a manual sync if you mean pulling it down on the app to sync it still different as i said its fine on your wrist and the overall steps for the day  match up.but when in your pkt the watch says you have done 250 steps for the hrs you set it in the day the app doesnt but it does if you wear it on your wrist all day. Its fine so im thinking its a software problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have you tried restarting it? 

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

Please remember that the fitbits are designed to be worn on your wrist and not in your pocket, so if it’s not reading or tracking the way you expected, it’s probably since the hardware wasn’t set up that way 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi yes tried restarting it.but thats not the point if the watch says i have met the  hourly step goal wether its on my wrist or in my pocket.why is the app only showing that i met my hourly  step goal when only on my wrist.

Best Answer
0 Votes