Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Advanced swimming setting

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all

my ionic seems to have lost its advanced swimming setting!! Any ideas? It’s pretty bad at tracking lengths anyway but I at least like to  give it a heads up! 

Does anyone know how to make it more accurate when swimming? When I previously had the swim setting it was still VERY inaccurate. 

Thanks

Claire 

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Community @alrightpoppets! It's pretty weird that the advanced setting is lost, I would like you to restart your tracker and then check again if it shows it. 

These are the things that can affect that your swim data isn't correct: 

• Stopping to rest midway across the pool
  • Resting for longer than 60 seconds after completing a pool length
  • Changing stroke type midway across the pool
  • Swimming with a kickboard or not using your hands
  • Swimming less than the minimum duration set to be auto-recognized
  • The units for the pool length setting don't match the units you use for your Fitbit settings. For example if you measure length in feet and inches, and specify a pool length in meters. For more information, see How do I update my Fitbit settings?

Also, remember that in order for it to show you accurate data, you need to enter the pool length as it remains the default until you change it. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply.

Can you point me in the right direction of the swim settings please? I’ll try and do a screenshot and attach it to here.

Im also having trouble with battery life so wonder if I have a dud one! 

Regards

Claire 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic has also lost / got no swim settings in the advanced settings on the dashboard or in the app (iPhone). It was there originally but no longer appears. Re starting the ionic makes no difference as does reloading the app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m not sure what settings everyone is trying to get to but if, on the Ionic, you swipe across to Exercise, then tap on the Swim shortcut (assuming you’ve enabled it in your list), you’ll be able to tap on the little gear icon at the top left of the screen. This will take you to Swim settings, where you can change pool length, show cues, customise pool length etc.

Best Answer
Thanks for the reply. I initially set this up via the advanced settings in
the app under swimming but this appears no longer to be available.
I have now done as you suggest and it worked fine.
Thanks again.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no luck. These are my exercise areas. Can’t see a gear though? It doesn’t seem to auto recognise swimming either so I’m stuffed at the moment. 

Claire 

EC3F26B6-DBEF-40D1-AB68-93B96C9FD6F4.png

96994271-5EA9-4867-9AD4-02CB7354925A.png

D8479244-D065-4EE6-A12B-6E9F75B43106.png

Best Answer
0 Votes

Still no luck. These are my exercise areas. Can’t see a gear though? It doesn’t seem to auto recognise swimming either so I’m stuffed at the moment.

@alrightpoppets Now on your Ionic swipe to Exercise and tap on Swim. Then tap on the little gear icon at the top left of the Ionic screen to access swim settings.

Aria, Fitbit MobileTrack on iOS. Previous: Flex, Force, Surge, Blaze

Best Answer
0 Votes