Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

All counts zeroed out on device

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello,

My ionic randomly began displaying zero steps, zero calories burned, and zero hr. The app shows some steps for the day though I have no way of knowing whether this is all of them since clearly the device is malfunctioning. I tried doing a reset by pressing the back and lower right buttons as suggested on a different thread and I even tried fully shutting down and restarting, but nothing is working. What can I do?

Thanks,

Lindsay

Best Answer
0 Votes
7 REPLIES 7

After I got desperate enough to try a factory reset, it became stuck on instructing me to visit fitbit.com/setup, which just advises me to download the app I already have. Starting to fear this thing is now bricked. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I, too, have the same issue.  It began today around noon, as I manually synced it.

I, too, did a soft reset.  Additionally,  I reset my Pixel phone and disconnected and reconnected the blue tooth.

It is recording my activity and I can see it when I go to the daily activity on the phone and in the app on my phone when I sync the device.  Appreciate the help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Eventually it finally gave me the option to set it up,but only after numerous visits to the screen for the device inside the app and there seemed to be no discernible reason why it was suddenly doing that when it wouldn’t so many times before. This device should not be malfunctioning so badly when it's relatively new (and was even given approx a 70d vacation after I fractured my wrists), and customer service should have given a response to assist with fixing its defective device by now. Not cool, Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also seem to be having the issue. I get notifications when I hit my goals. But it just says zero on the home screen of my iconic watch. It I go to the today screen it tells me all the numbers. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing here. Any solutions yet. Have reset everything to no avail. 😑

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine started doing the same thing today. I've tried resetting it twice and nothing. Has anyone tried contacting Fitbit?

Best Answer
0 Votes
I contacted Fitbit.  They acknowledged an issue and responded they had no resolution.  I thank my husband who remembered he had purchased the replacement insurance when he bought the watch as a 2016 Christmas present.  Best Buy was absolutely wonderful.  They replaced the watch on the spot.  I am up and running and we went for a long bike ride tonight.  As a note, I am synced to the first Pixel phone.  While there have always been issues with the blue tooth snycing, I believe the zero screen has nothing to do with that or the app.  My experience dictates It is clearly an Ionic issue.  I sure hope this new watch was produced/has updated software after the glitch! Best of luck with the$#)+$##+@! Issue!  I love my Ionic, but will not put up with this type of issue or the HUGE customer service failure should the problem occur with my new replacement watch.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes