Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Treasure Trek data transfer

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I will be receiving a second replacement Fitbit Ionic in the next day or two because my screen has malfunctioned twice (cannot see the screen to use it). Will my data from the app “Treasure Trek” transfer from my old Ionic to the replacement Ionic?

After speaking with tech support, they said that since it is a third-party app, the data can not be transferable.

I asked since Fitbit keeps track of the steps you take and they are transferable, and since the Treasure Trek app is technically a first-party app (Fitbit Labs) if the data would then be transferable. Fitbit was not able to answer sufficiently (I currently sync to my iPhone X).

My question is: is the Treasure Trek app data transferable from Ionic to Ionic? I have accumulated over 3 million steps-worth of data that I would not like to lose, but it seems like I will once I update the malfunctioned Ionic to the new Ionic.

Thank you in advance for any answers.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/MST-for-future-Fitbit-Version/idc-p/2584637%23M156620
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the reply! I’ll find out in a day or so and then I’ll see for sure if the data is long gone. If the data is gone, then I will never play Treasure Trek again (and will unfortunately look for other tracker alternatives because of the multitude of software/firmware and hardware issues that I have experienced first-hand).

edit: the replacement Ionic arrived, and the Treasure Trek data was gone. I am not expecting or hoping there will be a “cloud/server” option where the Treasure Trek data is saved like the Fitbit step data is saved. I will not request this in the Feature Suggestions forum because:

1. Why waste any of my time to request an option that may never happen?

2. Everyone can read this thread and make their own decision(s) if they want to, can, or will create the Treasure Trek cloud/server option. 

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Feature-Suggestions/MST-for-future-Fitbit-Version/idc-p/2584637%23M156620

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Ooh... I want to say yes... but that is simply not possible. You have to restart all over again, which sucks. I've partially given up on TT because of that.

Thanks for visiting though! 😅

“Just keep swimming,Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming”- Dory
If you find my answers helpful, Vote for them and accept them as the Solution!
Ionic | Charge 2 | iPad 2017 running iOS 12.1.2 Beta
Best Answer

Thanks for the reply! I’ll find out in a day or so and then I’ll see for sure if the data is long gone. If the data is gone, then I will never play Treasure Trek again (and will unfortunately look for other tracker alternatives because of the multitude of software/firmware and hardware issues that I have experienced first-hand).

edit: the replacement Ionic arrived, and the Treasure Trek data was gone. I am not expecting or hoping there will be a “cloud/server” option where the Treasure Trek data is saved like the Fitbit step data is saved. I will not request this in the Feature Suggestions forum because:

1. Why waste any of my time to request an option that may never happen?

2. Everyone can read this thread and make their own decision(s) if they want to, can, or will create the Treasure Trek cloud/server option. 

Best Answer
0 Votes