Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

App store - wow this is bad...

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello everyone!

Yesterday I got my Ionic, and so far I'm loving it (though I haven't done a workout yet) after my Charge 2.

The app/watchface store, however... wow, so bad. Somehow, they managed to make it even worse than I remember the Pebble store to be!

-Very slow

-No way to 'save for later' or add to a whishlist? Every time I have to go through all the apps again...

-No web view. Guys, it's not like we haven't seen online stores for devices!

-No way to check for new apps? Do I have to check *everything* on a daily basis to see if something is added?

-No scoring system. So many awful watchfaces in there...

-No sorting

Literally, this looks like an early alpha and in no way does it do any good to an expensive device!

I can only hope it gets better, but I don't hold much hope... 😞

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

@Gryzor I tend to agree with a lot of what you say but you can see the app gallery online. Use this link Fitbit gallery

Hopefully things will improve

Best Answer

Yes, I've seen this. I guess it's a third-party solution, no? And of course you can't install from there, it's only for looking.

Also, it appears to be just the mobile view transfered onto a web page, and the only advantage it offers is a better speed... 😞

But thanks for pointing it out!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gryzor wrote:

Yes, I've seen this. I guess it's a third-party solution, no? And of course you can't install from there, it's only for looking.

Also, it appears to be just the mobile view transfered onto a web page, and the only advantage it offers is a better speed... 😞

But thanks for pointing it out!

Yes you are right when you say this is a 3rd party website. 

You make very good points, and points that have been brought up since the gallery first opened. Since then the only change I have noticed is that when you view an app, it now saves whereabouts you were in the list. Previous it would send you all the way to the top again. 

Hopefully things will improve, I guess it's still a work in progress. Although it's still frustrating that it lacks some very basic functionality. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Before my OP I browsed through the Ionic forum; didn't see anything on it though I'm sure there are other threads (didn't try much, just wanted to vent my frustration 🙂 )...

Yes, it is a WIP, and it very much shows is, that's the problem. And I'm not very optimistic because it's been online for a while now, and what there is shouldn't have been launched in the first place, even. Half-baked doesn't begin to describe it 😞

For real, though: is there a resource to find out about new apps and watchfaces?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Gryzor wrote:

For real, though: is there a resource to find out about new apps and watchfaces?

Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be. I tend to check twitter using the hashtag #made4fitbit, a lot of developers post upcoming projects and releases on there. Hopefully we will have a proper solution soon. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

Oh! That's a good one, Search saved on my client already 🙂 Thanks!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Here's another thing missing: "My apps" or something like that. Especially with only a single watchface supported at a time, it's essential that there's  way to track the ones I've previously installed...

Best Answer

...and another one: Search functionality. I saw a watchface yesterday on Twitter but it had no link, no way to find it except for browsing the whole section. This... is shoddy.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm really hoping that the May update will also address the app store....but i haven't even heard any rumors about it so it's really just a dream

?
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, somehow I wouldn't count on it 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes