Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Run starts when I go for a walk.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have just been out for a brisk stroll with my Ionic and the auto run feature mistakenly kicked in, classing it as a run in the app on my return.  I can't seem to find a way to stop this behavior, short of turning the auto run feature off, nor am I able to reclassify it in the app as a walk.

Any Thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I am a walker also, Maerlyn, bur prefer the Manual start/stop.   Swipe left to the Exercise App and touch the Icon. Select the Walk exercise.  Touch the Gear Icon in the upper left of the screen and you will find a number of settings to make your measurement to your liking. From then on, when you are ready for a walk, just touch the Walk screen and then touch the lower right of the screen to start/stop your walk measurement.  This take a lot longer to describe than to actually do it!

If you do not have Walk in your exercise list (only 7 are allowed), go to Fitbit.com, click on the Gear Icon  at upper right and then on Ionic.  Scroll down to Exercise shortcuts and click Edit.  You will be able to add Walk.  I recommend de-selecting all the ones shown there that are of no interest to you including Run.

BTW, I recommend you set your own carefully measured Stride Length rather than depend on the tracker's estimate. HERE is a useful Stride Calculator Tool.

Good Luck!  Let me know if I can help further.

Best Answer
0 Votes