Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resting heart rate steadily rising

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My RHR (resting heart rate) is always in the low 60’s and I’ve been noticing over the past 3 weeks a very steady increase daily.  I’m now getting 77 bpm for my RHR.  Any ideas as to why this might be?  It has me concerned and thinking about going to the Dr. 😕

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

[Insert massively hedging legal notice here]

Your reasons are likely different than mine, but I've noticed that my RHR goes up after: 1) a bad night's sleep; 2) a few extra beers the night before; 3) a cold lasting more than a day or two; 4) stress.  These are all correlations and anecdotal, and I don't have an identical twin to get all scientific-y.  So, think about what's changed, talk to people who know you well, and don't rely on strangers like me to tell you to see a doctor Smiley Wink

Ionic / Aria / retired Surge / retired Blaze / a few more retired Fitbits / three failed Nike Fuel Bands
Best Answer
0 Votes

If you don't wear it to bed often  your resting hr will begin to rise if you have previously worn it 24/7

-----------------------------Sent from the back of Michael Caine's Mini Cooper S, Italy. Holding on for dear life...
Best Answer
0 Votes

I wear it 24/7.  Only take it off and charge it while in the shower.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @AkaMommy,

It could be a number of things. Usually it's some sort of stressor-whether physical, emotional, or mental.  Mine will inch up in these cases, and then slowly return.

Given the length of time, and the amount of your increase, I would recommend seeing your doctor just to be safe.

Work out...eat... sleep...repeat!
Dave | California

Best Answer
0 Votes