Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic shortchanging on steps

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Ionic is very intermittent in tracking steps.  I can get up, walk to the kitchen, back through the living room and back to my home office chair and it shows zero steps.  Sometimes they will show up a few minutes later and sometimes not at all.  I've been on Fitbit chat 3 times, without resolve, although the 2nd chat stated that "Engineering" knows of a lag issue in registering steps, but insist that once it catches up, I'll get credit for every step. I find this not to be true. They had me reset the device but nothing changed. I just walked 100 deliberate steps and it registered 88.  I used to have a Charge 2 and had no problems.  I'm starting to think this is an expensive device with poor performance. Disappointing.  

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I have had this same issue. Only a few times,over the past week have I seen the device actually counting steps. It lags, and misses lots of steps. My One is extremely accurate...every 100-step test I’ve done I’ve been credit for 98-100 steps. The ionic has credited me for 80 most of the time, and it rarely gets closer than that. I’ve adjusted stride and that didn’t do much; if anything it is farther off than before. 

Best Answer

That's exactly right.  They need to fix this. This is an expensive device that doesn't work properly. It's discouraging to work hard at hitting step goals and have them not counted.   This is such a basic problem.  I'm still considering returning it, but then what?  I bought it specifically for swimming, otherwise I would have kept my Charge 2 that worked perfectly. 

Best Answer

I am soo confused I thought the watch would be great to help me count steps I have gone from averaging 8K steps a day to barely 2K. Something does not make sense , How does the device work?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It doesn't accurately. Customer service admitted that engineering was aware of the step tracking problem and would try to resolve it. That seems pretty basic to me and there has not been any resolution that I'm aware of. They need to correct it and launch an update. If it wasn't for the swimming feature, I would have returned it.

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
Best Answer
0 Votes