Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-pause while cycling will not resume

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I commute 7 miles on my bike and I use the auto-pause feature. Rarely does my Ionic successfully record my entire ride. What appears to happen is that my watch auto-pauses at a stop and then never resumes without manually pressing the start button again. Has anyone had this problem or have any recommendations for fixing it? I've never had this issue with auto-pausing and running.

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Welcome on board @pazzypunk, it's nice to see you around the forums! I'd recommend restarting your Ionic by following these steps: 

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If your Fitbit Ionic doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again.

If the Auto-Pause feature is still not working as expected, I'd recommend resetting this option by turning it off and then back on:

1. On your watch, open the Exercise app > Run
  2. Tap the gear icon in the top left.
  3. Find Auto-Pause and change the setting to Off.
  4. Sync your watch.
  5. Once again go to Auto-Pause and change it to On.
  6. Sync your watch again.
  7. Press the back button to return to the exercise screen.
  8. Tap the exercise screen and then tap the play icon to start the workout.

As you may know, for Ionic if you stop moving during the run or bike exercises—such as at a traffic light—your exercise pauses automatically while you’re still (known as auto-pause). You’ll feel your device vibrate indicating that activity tracking paused. 

To continue, resume your run or bike ride; you’ll feel your device vibrate indicating that activity tracking continued. For runs, if your watch doesn’t detect a run for 10 consecutive minutes, you’ll see a message asking if you want to end the exercise.

Let me know if this helps! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes